Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Revshift Full Bushing Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:27 PM
JDB
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Been done. Where have you been? People already have every rev shift bushing in their car. I believe Fuzzy is one.
Sleeping under a rock, apparently. Assumed this was a release thread by RevShift.

How are the rear end cradle bushings at reducing wheel hop?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JDB
Excellent. But I was much more excited at how the whole subframe wasn't sliding sideways during turns.

For anyone reading this, in my opinion, you should never consider the 80A option for this kit. 95A is what I'd consider minimum hardness for control arm and subframe bushings. Only consider 80A bushings for cases where you're directly attached something to a piece of rotating machinery (i.e.: the motor mounts and the transmission mount).
Old 02-10-2014, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuzzy, can I come grab those two wheels? I have the DR's already and a pulley away from dyno time. I needs wheels
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
Fuzzy, can I come grab those two wheels? I have the DR's already and a pulley away from dyno time. I needs wheels
You're probably better off having me ship them to you, despite the short distance. Work is nuts right now and I'm only home for a couple of hours before having to hit the sack.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:25 AM
On The Tree

I dig the green. Can't wait to order a full set for my car. Ugh!!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Fuzzy. you got some good logic going.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JDB
Sleeping under a rock, apparently. Assumed this was a release thread by RevShift.

It is just a full kit brother!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Revshift
Everyone makes red bushings and we don't want to be like everyone else. We really like how the green bushings look. And plus, green means go!

If you call your order in or place an order then send us an email with which hardness you want for specific bushings we can customize your order. We could put a bunch of options on the website so that you could pick each hardness but we feel it would overly complicate things.

I look forward to doing business with you.
I appreciate it very much sir', you'll be hearing from me very soon
Old 02-12-2014, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Only consider 80A bushings for cases where you're directly attached something to a piece of rotating machinery (i.e.: the motor mounts and the transmission mount).
why this? dont want good vibrations?

Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

For anyone reading this, in my opinion, you should never consider the 80A option for this kit. 95A is what I'd consider minimum hardness for control arm and subframe bushings. Only consider 80A bushings for cases where you're directly attached something to a piece of rotating machinery (i.e.: the motor mounts and the transmission mount).
Not to be completely obtuse, but isn't the subframe basically non-moving? so harder bushings on the pivot points and whatnot but wouldn't the subframe movement be similar to the engine or transmission movement and not the rotational movement of the control arms, toe rods, and whatever else? I know it rocks a little more but it seems mechanically similar to me to the engine mount at the front of the car but with less weight and 4 mounting points. That's from a pure visualization standpoint though.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that you could consider the subframe in the same category as the motor mounts and transmission support. I get that your comment was for the whole kit now, but do you think the subframe bushings in 80A standalone are a waste as well or is your assertion based on the rest of the kit offered in this thread?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by isis
Not to be completely obtuse, but isn't the subframe basically non-moving? so harder bushings on the pivot points and whatnot but wouldn't the subframe movement be similar to the engine or transmission movement and not the rotational movement of the control arms, toe rods, and whatever else? I know it rocks a little more but it seems mechanically similar to me to the engine mount at the front of the car but with less weight and 4 mounting points. That's from a pure visualization standpoint though. I guess what I'm suggesting is that you could consider the subframe in the same category as the motor mounts and transmission support. I get that your comment was for the whole kit now, but do you think the subframe bushings in 80A standalone are a waste as well or is your assertion based on the rest of the kit offered in this thread?
The sub frame moves a bunch! Have you seen the videos?
Old 02-12-2014, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
The sub frame moves a bunch! Have you seen the videos?
I did. It rocks up and down a lot. It is intended to be non-moving, as in it it not a pivot. It's not a link. It's a mechanical isolation for vibration.

The stock movement is in the direction of the voids (0 hardness-no material) in the original bushing. I'm wondering if the difference in hardness matters as much on those as it would on the others. I just don't think the 80A bushings are going to move that much more than the 95A ones in that particular application. I get the rotational and 90 degree torque issues on the trailing arms, control arms and whatever. I'm asking fuzzy if his statement on this group-kit is due to that. I just see the cradle bushings more in the application sense as similar to the engine and transmission mounts. Not so much the same idea as a rotating link, that's all. They are there to be stationary. Not to control allowed movement.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Google ployurethane and you can see the measured deflections.....there is a difference for sure.

I tend to agree that 95A would be MINIMAL. I am looking at going Al or 75d.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're probably better off having me ship them to you, despite the short distance. Work is nuts right now and I'm only home for a couple of hours before having to hit the sack.
thats fine..just lmk the shipping quote 06062

Quick Reply: Revshift Full Bushing Kit