Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel Rear Toe rod group buy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for addressing these concerns!

You should sell the boots at cost plus $10 if you are supplying them and assuring me they fit because nobody works for free. PM me full price based on this and I will send payment when I get home from work....red please.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 02-24-2014, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
Thanks for addressing these concerns!

You should sell the boots at cost plus $10 if you are supplying them and assuring me they fit because nobody works for free. PM me full price based on this and I will send payment when I get home from work....red please.

Thanks,

Ken
No payment yet, just hold onto the money for now. When the group buy is full we will send payment and they will get the rods out asap!
Will Pm you final cost when the time comes.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

even better.....
Old 02-24-2014, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, good luck with these. They look stellar in the first post. I'll have to wait for a bit. CS, please don't stop making these. I'm going to turn my V into a track monster, I'll be needing these and other things.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Too many threads!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Bump.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like a set - red with boots
Old 02-27-2014, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sssnake
I would like a set - red with boots
Gotchya added.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

To the top.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Ok, we have decided to end this at 10 people and we're all filled up!

Everyone, has been pmed with what to do next. Thanks all!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

FWIW I just installed the normal poly bushing version and am very happy! You can tell the difference (no other changes - 275s in the rear so more grip than stock)

Pure BEEF! IDK how anyone can complain about these...
Old 03-03-2014, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by APillow
FWIW I just installed the normal poly bushing version and am very happy! You can tell the difference (no other changes - 275s in the rear so more grip than stock)

I'm sure they're way better then stock, but some are looking for perfection! And no one was complaining about them (there is no one who has them that switched to these as far as I know), we pitched these to creative steel and they obliged. Also, just cause you run 275's does not mean you have more traction then stock, just a wider tire. Depends on the tire and rubber compound as well.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Mich A/S3s on 9.5s staggered, much better than the craptastic stock runflats or yoko summers I had on previously.

Lets keep it real, these are street lead sleds. Poly is fine. But I am happy that CS can facilitate the groups request.

FWIW a 21mm gear wrench is highly advised for the inner bolt paired with a standard box end 18mm. It's tight.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Ok, we have decided to end this at 10 people and we're all filled up!

Everyone, has been pmed with what to do next. Thanks all!

I'm going to order enough parts to make 15 sets. To those guys that wanted in but can't swing the coin right now, you can still get in on the group buy until the extra 5 sets are gone.

Originally Posted by APillow

Super glad to hear! Personally, I think the toe rods with 90A urethane bushings are the way to go. They may not be as stiff as the rod end version but the grease-able bushings will last longer than the rod ends. The bushing version toe rods are also lighter since we can use 5/8" hardware. The rod end version had to use 3/4" hardware because of the way the toe rods connect to the knuckle----Single Shear.
You guys won't believe how beefy these toe rods are when you get them. They are monsters when put next to the OEM.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Creative Steel
I'm going to order enough parts to make 15 sets. To those guys that wanted in but can't swing the coin right now, you can still get in on the group buy until the extra 5 sets are gone.

Super glad to hear! Personally, I think the toe rods with 90A urethane bushings are the way to go. They may not be as stiff as the rod end version but the grease-able bushings will last longer than the rod ends. The bushing version toe rods are also lighter since we can use 5/8" hardware. The rod end version had to use 3/4" hardware because of the way the toe rods connect to the knuckle----Single Shear.
You guys won't believe how beefy these toe rods are when you get them. They are monsters when put next to the OEM.
If you haven't bought the heim's yet you should go with Rufstuff heim's over QA1's.

Built way stronger, not much more money, plus no need to run a "dust cap" to stop the heim from failing. These things are built for 4x4 trucks and they just don't fail in Mud/dirt/sand/swamp stuff are cars will never see.

A little comparison link between the two. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...qa1-heims.html
Old 03-04-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by black_ax
If you haven't bought the heim's yet you should go with Rufstuff heim's over QA1's. Built way stronger, not much more money, plus no need to run a "dust cap" to stop the heim from failing. These things are built for 4x4 trucks and they just don't fail in Mud/dirt/sand/swamp stuff are cars will never see. A little comparison link between the two. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/1121898-ruff-stuff-heims-vs-
ballistic-qa1-heims.html

That is a forum thread, not a comparison link. That is all opinions. Also, this is way late and not going to be changed. Also you're comparing apples and oranges here. Nothing coming from the 4x4 world relates well to a sports sedan. Both have different factors effecting each differently. Lastly, the dust cap is not stopping them from failing, it is just insuring longevity. Something I'm sure even the rufstuff joints could benefit from.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
That is a forum thread, not a comparison link. That is all opinions. Also, this is way late and not going to be changed. Also you're comparing apples and oranges here. Nothing coming from the 4x4 world relates well to a sports sedan. Both have different factors effecting each differently. Lastly, the dust cap is not stopping them from failing, it is just insuring longevity. Something I'm sure even the rufstuff joints could benefit from.
I understand that it is very late in the build and joints might of already of been bought.

From this and CF thread alot of people seem to be worried about the longevity of the joints. And coming from 4x4 background where heims are used in very harsh conditions and in very integral parts of the suspension, longevity is a major factor in the type of joint you go with. So I was just pointing out that a lot of 4x4 guys use Ruffstuff heim joints for there price and how robust they are and how favorable they compare to QA1's, IMHO low quality joint.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by black_ax
I understand that it is very late in the build and joints might of already of been bought. From this and CF thread alot of people seem to be worried about the longevity of the joints. And coming from 4x4 background where heims are used in very harsh conditions and in very integral parts of the suspension, longevity is a major factor in the type of joint you go with. So I was just pointing out that a lot of 4x4 guys use Ruffstuff heim joints for there price and how robust they are and how favorable they compare to QA1's, IMHO low quality joint.
And I'm sure they're, but this is not a 4x4 community, and the harsh environment for off road is different than the harsh environment of on road. These joints are already over kill beefier for our needs, and weight. It would be ridiculous to go with ruff stuff joints. So thanks for the advice, but no thanks. Are you even participating in this group buy?
Old 03-11-2014, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Bump is for Liquidvenom, are you alive?
Old 04-04-2014, 11:47 AM
FormerVendor

Update:
These just got back from powder coat last night. We are waiting on Seals-It rod end boots for those of you that ordered them.

If you did not order the toe rods with boots and have paid in full, your toe rods will be shipped out today.

Quick Reply: Creative Steel Rear Toe rod group buy!