Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

The best thing you could do to your V1

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the V2.I would love to have one some day.Bang for the buck,can't beat the V1 I have!
Old 05-15-2014, 03:25 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new car. You bought the car for you, and everyone is going to have their opinion of whats a better way to go. But you do have to remember, without a V1 there would be no V2.........lol I like both.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

I did not care for the new V2 mirrors, the drivers seat felt cramped, the fuel mileage ( really not that big a deal) was 4 mpg lower city, and they are twive what I paid for the V1. I will keep mine and put the LS7 I am building in it and be happy.

Congratulations on the purchase though!
Old 05-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

There are tons of V2s going 10s with bolt ons......I don't think I have seen a V1 go faster than 11.80 and that was with a twin turbo setup and built rear......hence the brick wall

I do not need to justify my purchase. I was simply trying to show that TO ME it was worth upgrading to the V2 instead of spending 10k in mods on top of a 20k purchase for a V1 to achieve stock like V2 performance.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryda85
I was simply trying to show that TO ME it was worth upgrading
but your title said it was the best thing I could do? I'm so confused.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

There are tons of V2s going 10s with bolt ons......I don't think I have seen a V1 go faster than 11.80 and that was with a twin turbo setup and built rear......hence the brick wall

I do not need to justify my purchase. I was simply trying to show that TO ME it was worth upgrading to the V2 instead of spending 10k in mods on top of a 20k purchase for a V1 to achieve stock like V2 performance.
You should post that over here

www.twitter.com
Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fweasel
but your title said it was the best thing I could do? I'm so confused.

I should rephrase.

It is in MY opinion that it is the best thing you can do.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Why best for me? Cause I want a car payment? I like my title in hand and will stick with my V1
Old 05-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Went for a ride in my friends V2. Didn't even want to drive my V1 after. I would trade in a second.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:37 PM
Launching!

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=CStwikKAR60
10 second v1
Old 05-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ravenls6v

lol I forgot about the single rouge, mystery V1 on youtube. Nothing like chasing a white whale

Only took a stroker motor, supercharger, nitrous, rear, clutch, exhaust, etc... and looks like an auto swap but can't confirm.

I'll stick to bolt ons:
Old 05-16-2014, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Way too much talk of drag racing in this thread. They put a steering wheel in the car for a reason, and it's not to turn around at the end of the strip.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Launching!

haha this thread has turned pretty funny, I think everyone knows the V2 is superior even if you love your V1 and want to put the money into modding it.

One question though are all the Vs running without roll cages, thought if you get to a certain time you need to have a cage?
Old 05-16-2014, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I hear from this thread V2's come with roll cages stock
Old 05-16-2014, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Exactly, because there are plenty of V2's! They're like f**king ants! I didn't ask to justify your purchase.

Do you think the mod bug stops with the V2? Do you think you will one day you'll get bored of the car, and go trade it in for another newer car that has come around that you like? Maybe so? This thread is a blast of common sense, and if you have not yet gathered that from what I have been saying here, one more time: The best upgrade to ANY car is buy a better one. Forking DUH!!!

lol I forgot about the single rouge, mystery V1 on youtube. Nothing like chasing a white whale

Only took a stroker motor, supercharger, nitrous, rear, clutch, exhaust, etc... and looks like an auto swap but can't confirm.

I'll stick to bolt ons:
Actually that car is not a mystery any more. It has a 408 w/nitrous. Not sure where you assumed it had a supercharger? He is from Canada, and yes it has an auto swap. Do you think all those V2's in the 10's have a MT?

I stand behind everything I have said in this thread. Congrats on the purchase (truly so) but don't come in here knocking another car (and people) because you went and bought (not built) a fast car. Enjoy that magical V2 (that no one else owns) which is just worlds better than it predecessor.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vader TA
Lol you guys are so bitter.

Sorry but the V2 trumps the V1 in all aspects. It's more luxurious, faster, better handling, nicer ride, solid drivetrain, the list goes on and on.

If you like your V1, that's great but don't think it's on the same level as a V2.

I am pricing rears, heads, cam, Maggie, install, exhaust, tune, etc and it all comes pretty close to the price of a used V2 after all said and done.

Spend 30k on a car and mods to hit a brick wall at 11s, or spend 37k on a car that runs 11s stock with all the amenities and potential to go 9s.......
https://i.imgur.com/OH6rN7v.gif
Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
Old 05-16-2014, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

I like my V1 and so do a lot of others at cars-n-coffee, car shows, auto-x events and even filling up at the gas station. The most common question - is that the one with 550 HP? There was an owner of beautiful Audi S4 that wanted to check out my V1 when I gas'n up. He went through mine front to back and cranked it up to hear the growl of the 3" Stainless Works pipes. He was grinning from ear to ear and thought the car was beautiful inside and out.

I got a neighbor that built his 2010 Challenger into a drag car. During all of his Mopar builds he acknowledged that his car was faster but jealous of that Cadillac handling and comfort I have.

I got another neighbor with a 2014 Mustang GT, 2010 vette and absolutely in love with my V1. Comes over just to BS, race, then crack a beer.

I got buddies who auto-x their Kraftswerk Si's, s2k's, and Miatas that all jump at the chance to swap out for a lap (which is the reason I bought a s2k). The Bimmer guys at the Huntsville track were all over my V1 giving me tons of accolades.

At a competition in Oak Mt, there was a vette owner with about $60k mods. He was giving me tips and told me that his DD was a V1 and loved it.

I got a long way to go before I give up my V1 but when I do a V2 or V3 will be top of my list.

So I think the best thing you can do to your V1 is enjoy it at the dragstrip, take it to weekend cars-n-coffee, compete in some auto-x, grow your gear-head social circles, and have a killer time wrenching that thing with a mod and crack a beer with your neighbor and friends afterwards.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

On a side note, I'm not a real big fan of people who own and rave about product X then ditch it for product Y only to go back and say that product X is crap.

Translation: Ryda85 - You're kinda being a butt.

I think everyone here knows the V2 is a huge upgrade over the V1. That doesn't mean the V1 is a junker.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Exactly, because there are plenty of V2's! They're like f**king ants! I didn't ask to justify your purchase.
I didn't know that production numbers dictated how fast a car can go......

Actually that car is not a mystery any more. It has a 408 w/nitrous. Not sure where you assumed it had a supercharger? He is from Canada, and yes it has an auto swap. Do you think all those V2's in the 10's have a MT?
Taken from the comments on youtube:

Vortech v7 at 10psi with a 408 on spray with an auto trans and built rear.......do some research. The only thing that makes it a V1 any more is the body and interior.

Most of the V2s in the 10's.......and 9's are with stock autos, hence why I wanted on. You can keep your man pedal, lol.

I stand behind everything I have said in this thread. Congrats on the purchase (truly so) but don't come in here knocking another car (and people) because you went and bought (not built) a fast car. Enjoy that magical V2 (that no one else owns) which is just worlds better than it predecessor.
As do I. I can appreciate a cars predecessor, especially the V since it helped pave the way for GM to build more fast 4 door cars. I never came on here claiming that it was a rare car. It's a great platform and I feel a good bang for the buck when you start to add up all the parts and labor it takes to make a V1 fast.

Shall we continue?

Quick Reply: The best thing you could do to your V1