Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Sts-v?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sn95swap
the only good volvo is one with an ls swap
Unless you have a kid, for safety reasons. My first car was a Volvo station wagon. And it was a tank. You could hit the older ones with a nuclear blast and they would hold together.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a buddy who has one, I borrowed it for a month or so. Thing had a dual CAI, aftermarket charge cooler, pulley, headers, and exhaust. Dyno'd 478whp.

Thing was NASTY to drive. Had an otherworldly howl when you turned the wick up, and pulled great on the highway.

I WILL say I hated the in-dash infotainment setup, and the traction control SUCKED. Couldn't do anything with it on, and the car was retarded snap-happy with it off. Aftermarket support is pretty limited, as well- parts are pricey and not many people make them. HP tuners works, though, so there IS that.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 CTS-V and a 2006 STS-V for winter duty. I used to have a 2005 CTS-V, as well, but traded that for the 2009 four years ago. The STS-V is definitely a lot more featured than the same year CTS-V but, when the V2 came out, the STS-V was put to pasture. They are very similar but the new V has a much nicer interior.

The STS-V (stock) gets a bit better mileage (23 HWY) than my CTS-V (600 RWHP) but not my much. The get up and go is decent and it drives like a vault. If you have passengers in the back, they will enjoy the space being a bigger sedan. We are really liking the STS-V and do not plan to get rid of it any time soon

Quick Reply: Sts-v?