Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Drivers Door module

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drivers Door module

I have been having issues with the drivers door losing control over all the windows and the locks. Sometimes it works other times it doesn't. You can tell when it isn't going to work because the lights in the switches go out. Also the stereo doesn't recognize when the door is opened and the welcome message says "personalization off."

I took the door panel apart the other day since it didn't work for a few days, but right before I got home from work it all started to work again. All the fuses are good, and the door module looks ok inside (I know this doesnt mean much). I sanded under the ground in the drivers side kick panel and just put it all back together. Everything has been working ok but just today when I was closing the sun roof, I rolled up the drivers window and the sunroof reversed directions.

Question is, is there anything I can check without a tech 2, and should I throw a used door module at it or other common problems?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is the same guy i saw on fb...

The Personalization Off has to do with Door Module as well. That happens to me when that fuse is no longer functioning. I would try to see if the issue is with the door module by searching for grounds that may not be bad enough to blow the fuse, and to ensure the proper fuse is there in the first place (10amp)

A neat tool to have is "SG Tool Aid 25100 Short Tester" on Amazon. The way it works is you put the circuit breaker in to the fuse spot, and then hold the little gauge up to the wiring harness. Needle goes in the direction of the short spot every time circuit breaker resets. Best to wire in a little bulb so you can make sure the powers getting thru between circuit breaker and fuse area.

This is if you're blowing the fuse at least, although the gauge is very very sensitive and will pick up any grounding out, or high draw, etc.

I would say in your case if its not grounding out, the module itself may be crapping out. Using a multimeter, you can check the red\white wires to ensure they are seeing the proper voltage, etc.

I believe I have a wiring diagram for the door module which may have that info if you're interested. Can't put it up here though. Catch me on FB.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth
If this is the same guy i saw on fb...

The Personalization Off has to do with Door Module as well. That happens to me when that fuse is no longer functioning. I would try to see if the issue is with the door module by searching for grounds that may not be bad enough to blow the fuse, and to ensure the proper fuse is there in the first place (10amp)

A neat tool to have is "SG Tool Aid 25100 Short Tester" on Amazon. The way it works is you put the circuit breaker in to the fuse spot, and then hold the little gauge up to the wiring harness. Needle goes in the direction of the short spot every time circuit breaker resets. Best to wire in a little bulb so you can make sure the powers getting thru between circuit breaker and fuse area.

This is if you're blowing the fuse at least, although the gauge is very very sensitive and will pick up any grounding out, or high draw, etc.

I would say in your case if its not grounding out, the module itself may be crapping out. Using a multimeter, you can check the red\white wires to ensure they are seeing the proper voltage, etc.

I believe I have a wiring diagram for the door module which may have that info if you're interested. Can't put it up here though. Catch me on FB.
All I did was pull the door panel to check things over. In my case I think it was that cheesy connection they have between the panel and the door.

Quick Reply: Drivers Door module