Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2007 CTSV won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation check this out

Originally Posted by serik21
Nico these cars are very sensitive to voltage illegurarities. But the 3 most common issues are the plug on the starter getting fried and going bad. The battery going bad. Or the starter going out. While your cars in neutral key in the on position you can go to your fuse box and jump the starter relay. If it clicks it means.either bad connection on the starter or bad starter. If it starts it's most likely your clutch saftey switch.
when you read your battery 11.6OK and 12.0OK is where you're at with a GOOD BATTERY. Look at the AMPS as well as the voltage output, being a truck driver and now I work for NAPA in Ohio, I've seen the weird **** like batteries putting out proper amount of voltage but not amps, amps is what you need to crank over your engine, there is a difference, simple youtube search will change your life, sounds like starter solenoid maybe going out if not the starter all together. Most GM's use the same solenoid, easy to change and a WHOLE lot cheaper to do yourself, anybody can change them. if you can tell whether the starter is free spinning with no issue I suggest ONLY changing the solenoid, if it fails to work, return it, at least Napa's will let ya like mine and defect it out and then simply put that cash towards a starter if you need one. I also have to suggest doing a conductivity test on your coils and check the spark plugs with a spark tester, $8, voltmeter is around $15 at harbor freight, if you don't have one. This will tell you if you have a spark issue somewhere in your system and where its at. 1AAuto.com i think has videos on how to do this, if not let me know I'll forward videos if needed!!!! I guarantee you'll find you're issue following my instructions at the cheapest rate possible.

Quick Reply: 2007 CTSV won't start.