Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

BTR valve stem seals......

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait so then you are using OEM spring seats?
Old 12-13-2015, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the kent-moore tool with a mallet. Had to buy the blue Fel-Pro to get them to stay put.

Name:  68454BCE-2BAF-4321-B3FF-8D21511D6F50_zpsnl9rconu.jpg
Views: 5130
Size:  210.5 KB
Old 12-14-2015, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by itsdaveonline
Exactly, if there are already numerous folks in here complaining about the seals or having bad experiences with them I'd hope someone would look into them instead of bashing me that the install is bad.
You need to understand that we sell these same seals/kits to Advanced Induction, WCCH, Frankenstein, and over 500 other cylinder head porting shops and installation shops. Trust me, if there was a "bad batch" we would know it. They're also the same seals sold by Comp Cam, Lunati, TFS, TEA, and even Fel Pro, which has been referenced. If the seal has "EOK" stamped on the top, it's the same basic seals.

We install these seals/kits on many sets of heads a week here at BTR, so we use the product weekly, and we've not seen a issue. We take quality VERY seriously, if we felt there was a issue, we would address it.

If these seals fit looser, people would claim that's why they slide off the guide (which they don't) but since they fit tighter, that makes them harder to install. Once they're properly installed, they don't slip off the guide, as a matter of fact, it's very difficult to remove them with professional seal removal tools once properly installed.

At no point have I bashed anyone, I simply stated that some people struggle with some operations and should consider using a professional.

The other point to be made here is, you didn't contact us about your issue for help with installation? You instead went to a public forum to attempt to convince everyone that we sell **** seals, when in reality, you've only brought to light your installation errors.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bmylez
Wait so then you are using OEM spring seats?
I am using the 1st revision of the gm valvestem seals which are different than the 2nd revision where the seal and spring seat are combined. The ones im using are almost identical to the "eok" stamped seals.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsdaveonline
I am using the 1st revision of the gm valvestem seals which are different than the 2nd revision where the seal and spring seat are combined. The ones im using are almost identical to the "eok" stamped seals.
Ah ok, much better. I know that if you try to run any sort of aggressive cam on OEM seats, you'll be in for a bad time.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
You need to understand that we sell these same seals/kits to Advanced Induction, WCCH, Frankenstein, and over 500 other cylinder head porting shops and installation shops...

If these seals fit looser, people would claim that's why they slide off the guide (which they don't) but since they fit tighter, that makes them harder to install.

...in reality, you've only brought to light your installation errors.
I have not since disputed the possibility that the seals were not installed properly all the way down. All i am suggesting is that other valvestem seals fit better and are considerably easier to install with less chance of error. Yes i understand that these are not "your" seals per say but push come to shove you are the company distributing this product...

Based off your post you indicate that "your" seals are tighter. I would agree on this, but this is what is has resulted in installation issues with my vehicle and numerous other folks who have complained in here too.

I really don't have much more to post in here, im just going to post the measurements of the valve-stems and be done with it. I will let other folks form their own opinion. Mine is already out there and I have no desire to re-iterate what i've been saying again.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:10 PM
Teching In

What do you guys think about this. The seal is as low as it goes. Do i need to machine the valve guide down? Right now the seal is nice and snug. I dont see a problem just that lil gap.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Brian, I just stumbled upon this post as I'm about to replace the seals in my engine with a set of yours and was curious about installation procedures, any way my point is he never did post up his measurements which would lead me to believe it was an install error.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:57 AM

Can i get the link to were u got the new seals ? Im having the same exact issue with mine also BTR

Quick Reply: BTR valve stem seals......