Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

MD, DE, PA, VA check in.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 08:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptSlow
ok, so before i go and actually look into planning this..... how many of y'all would be willing to come to northern Delaware for a dyno day at one of the local shops? we have a few i would look into doing the event (Race Proven Motorsports in New Castle, DE.... Horsepower Addicts in St. George's, DE... maybe even Complete Street Performance in West Chester, PA).

my thinking would be to have this as sort of an all day event where we'd show up to the shop around 9-10am (ish), do the formal meet & greet and move into knocking out some dyno runs. break for lunch, have pizzas delivered between 12-1pm. then back to more dyno runs into the evening. then depending on just how many people come, go to a nice restaurant for dinner as a group.

as cool as it would be to have it a "V1 Only" thing, i feel it's only right to invite the V2/3 guys.... and in all honesty, i'm cool with anything else showing up, just as long as the owner is cool and the car isn't a safety hazard *cough*mustang*cough*
We are just moving into our new shop and will be able to host a 200 car meet. However, we are not fully moved in yet and still have to have our grand opening. Thanks for the consideration!
Old 06-22-2016, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewzpsu
We are just moving into our new shop and will be able to host a 200 car meet. However, we are not fully moved in yet and still have to have our grand opening. Thanks for the consideration!
I've seen the updates on Instagram & Facebook, looks like it's coming along nicely.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are enough of us in the area, even if somebody just picks a random date for a meet up (perhaps even just in conjunction with an existing cars and coffee or something), we could get a decent turnout.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

OK, I reached out to a place that has great food and beer. The owner said they would consider roping us off some spots so we can all part together and enjoy some time meeting each other and can also set up a room for us to have lunch.

www.mcfaulsironhorse.com

There are a TON of good twisty roads in this area for pre/post cruising. and its right off a highway exit.

i was looking at july 23rd or aug 13th as possibilities for a lunch or dinner time meet. Chime in guys and let me know. feel free to reach out to the FB group as i am not on facebook.

they could do an early morning breakfast event on sundays on july 24th or aug 14th. but we would likely have to be gone by noon.

Last edited by bigti99a; 06-24-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:44 PM
Teching In

I'm in NOVA as well. Currently trying to sell the V but I'll keep an eye on the thread so I can maybe see it again after it sells at a local meet!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...l#post19307538
Old 06-24-2016, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

/\ talked to you over text for a while yesterday man. Bad *** V!
Old 06-24-2016, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by godofwine7
I'm in NOVA as well. Currently trying to sell the V but I'll keep an eye on the thread so I can maybe see it again after it sells at a local meet!

dude! that D1SC setup is sweet! what are the details of the setup? like is it a kit for a GTO or something and you made it work? custom brackets, etc??
Old 06-24-2016, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gtistile
/\ talked to you over text for a while yesterday man. Bad *** V!
are you looking to buy another V1?
Old 06-25-2016, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To think that V is just down the road from me and I have never seen it...damn such a build!
Old 06-27-2016, 05:35 AM
Teching In

dude! that D1SC setup is sweet! what are the details of the setup? like is it a kit for a GTO or something and you made it work? custom brackets, etc??
All the bracketry is custom. The clearances are so tight the bracket is machined out for the pulley and belt to pass through. When I put this together there were no kits per se, it was all just one off stuff. Much of this car is very custom in its design.

are you looking to buy another V1?
Unfortunately not. I don't drive this one enough and I could use the cash more then another car. I also have a Chevelle itch I have been wanting to scratch for awhile.

Originally Posted by jcollege
To think that V is just down the road from me and I have never seen it...damn such a build!
Come see it. Bring a friend, then have your friend buy it.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:48 AM
On The Tree

All the bracketry is custom. The clearances are so tight the bracket is machined out for the pulley and belt to pass through. When I put this together there were no kits per se, it was all just one off stuff. Much of this car is very custom in its design.
I figured as much, didn't know if it was a Corvette or GTO kit that you then made fit the V1 via custom brackets, etc. looks great tho.

it sucks that for any type of boost application to the V1 it requires a good amount of custom fab work and/or sacrifice of a creature comfort (ex: a/c).

Unfortunately not. I don't drive this one enough and I could use the cash more then another car. I also have a Chevelle itch I have been wanting to scratch for awhile.
i was asking gtistile if he was looking for another one.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Another NoVA resident here. I'm not too far from where they do Katie's Cars & Coffee on Saturday mornings.

Originally Posted by Aculous
Anyone do track days?
Yes. I was down at VIR a couple weeks ago, and I'm heading to Summit Point this weekend to run with Trackdaze. Not sure what my next event after that will be. I should be able to take a passenger on track with me during the afternoon sessions this Saturday and Sunday, if anyone is interested (and has an appropriate Snell-certified helmet to wear) let me know.

Damn, that's a helluva build!

Originally Posted by bigti99a
OK, I reached out to a place that has great food and beer.

www.mcfaulsironhorse.com

There are a TON of good twisty roads in this area for pre/post cruising. and its right off a highway exit.

i was looking at july 23rd or aug 13th as possibilities for a lunch or dinner time meet.
I could do the 13th. I think I'll be out of town the 23rd.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I know it's a long shot when it comes to V1s but are any of you guys drag racers? My buddies and I will rent out MIR a couple times a year typically on a Friday if anyone is interested I will update and invite for that!
Old 06-27-2016, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gtistile
I know it's a long shot when it comes to V1s but are any of you guys drag racers? My buddies and I will rent out MIR a couple times a year typically on a Friday if anyone is interested I will update and invite for that!
I'm not a diehard drag racer BUT i do want to see what i can do with my V1, mostly because it's all i got to have fun with, lol.

unfortunately i can't do MIR on Fridays, i'd have to take off work since it's about 3 hours away.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i get 2-3 weeks notice normally i can bail on work. MIR is a drive for me as well. i wouldn't mind getting a run or 2 or 3 in but i dont want to push it and kaboom the rear or an axle.

anyone else want to chime in on possibly doing a meeting on 8/13?? check your schedules.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AAIIIC

Yes. I was down at VIR a couple weeks ago, and I'm heading to Summit Point this weekend to run with Trackdaze. Not sure what my next event after that will be. I should be able to take a passenger on track with me during the afternoon sessions this Saturday and Sunday, if anyone is interested (and has an appropriate Snell-certified helmet to wear) let me know.
I just signed up for that event as well! Not much track time over the last few years and a lot of new parts on the car, so I signed up for the lower intermediate run group.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:05 PM
D.K
On The Tree

I'm in MD also. About 15 minutes from MIR, but work about 15 minutes from Baltimore. A MIR meet or a dyno day would be ideal for me, but I wouldn't mind other options.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok i am going to give this a bump to see if anyone is still down for something.

aug 12th, this thing is in PA i have no idea how the turn out is but its close enough i would go. https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...ise-se-pa.html

aug 13th, we could meet anywhere i suggested here but i really dont care, http://www.mcfaulsironhorse.com/

aug 20th-21st, https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=36075

if we could get a few guys together in our region it would be cool. I dont have the time to spread news and promote gatherings and such. so if it doesnt work i will just go about my normal and wave to other Vs on the street when i pass by lol.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

i just got my 8.8 setup installed last weekened, so i'll be down for a track day once i get it properly broken in.

Quick Reply: MD, DE, PA, VA check in.