Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V1 + awd + 2 door = success!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Voupé?
Old 01-18-2017, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

V28?
V06?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Voupé?

That's it!! Lol

Voupé, it is!

Thanks bud. Definitely going on the license plate lol
Old 01-19-2017, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Ha! I questioned it myself and tried to think of other alternatives, but glad you liked it.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Update:

Finally going to start working on it regularly, for a while atleast. We're selling our house, so it be going into storage for a while until we buy a new one.

Didn't do much today, removed front and rear windshields, sunroof, rear bumper, lights, trunk. Hopefully later in this week I can cut the rest of the trunk floor out and start bracing everything for the big set 2door conversion.

Can anyone tell me if my roof is oem?, it doesn't look like it. 2 roof braces were cut out to make room for the sunroof. The sheetmetal is really thin and now that I took off the sunroof, it's all nasty and warped. I think I'm going to end up removing the complete sheetmetal and buying a new one without the sunroof cutout. Saw it online but $600! For that!! Seems a bit high for sheetmetal.

Anyways, pics!

Name:  20170130_131156_zps3hop74nm.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  247.9 KB

Name:  20170130_131211_zpsl7jvirro.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  240.0 KB

Name:  20170130_134524_zpssciuolag.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  172.2 KB

Name:  20170130_134538_zps5bas94gp.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  170.0 KB
Old 01-30-2017, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely not OEM sheet metal on the roof.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Hail repair work?
Old 01-30-2017, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Hail repair work?
Ah that could be it. There's no sign of roll over or anything serious. Damn sheetmetal is like 24gauge, I can bend it with 2 fingers. I couldn't even tell, until I removed the sunroof. Guess Ill be buying oem roof panel then, sucks I'll have to cut it up and shorten it.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

This thread is misleading as in the title has the word success in it? Seems about 2-3 years too early. Just sayin.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
This thread is misleading as in the title has the word success in it? Seems about 2-3 years too early. Just sayin.

Dont sub or comment on it then if your feeling mislead. I DID do a successful rendering of a 2 door though....so technically it's NOT misleading, never specified on what was a success.....
Old 01-30-2017, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn the bracing was all cut out. im i the only one that finds that scary as hell?
Old 01-30-2017, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
damn the bracing was all cut out. im i the only one that finds that scary as hell?
Just seems..Weird. If our cars have all that normally intact, with a sunroof(anyone got pics without headliner?), why wouldn't a body shop just cut the roof from the outside instead of knocking all that out? I have seen plenty of stupidity buying used and especially antique vehicles but not usually when it is MORE work to do it the stupid way.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:58 AM
TECH Addict

Sigh. You're*

And congrats on the rendering, I know that was difficult and took some time.

I do admire how you believe the internet works.

At any rate, this thread will either get lost and never updated, or end up being 30 pages long with no fruit to bear (ask Naf). That's where I'd bet my money on. Or the project will just be scrapped and sold off never to be completed. Or even a running chassis for that matter.

I mean, don't get me wrong; fantastic concept and props for even bothering with its undertaking. Just wanted to share my doubts of its future completion. And maybe hopefully saving future readers from clicking through page after page of nonsense.

And lastly because this is the internet, and I can.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sigh. You're*

At any rate, this thread will either get lost and never updated, or end up being 30 pages long with no fruit to bear (ask Naf). That's where I'd bet my money on. Or the project will just be scrapped and sold off never to be completed. Or even a running chassis for that matter.

I mean, don't get me wrong; fantastic concept and props for even bothering with its undertaking. Just wanted to share my doubts of its future completion. And maybe hopefully saving future readers from clicking through page after page of nonsense.

Im sorry you feel that way. I'm sorry you need to protect future readers from the agony of clicking on this thread (your like a superhero! Amazing) I'm sorry you feel like you MUST voice ur concern. I'm sorry this misleading thread title cause your index finger so much pain and suffering and time! Oh let's not get started on the time! The seconds maybe even a few minutes off your incredible life that was completely wasted looking over this misleading nonsucceful thread....

Get over yourself, it's a ******* thread on a site that people go on when they're bored. I click on pretty much every thread, good or bad, long or short. It's a community where people talk and look at what we have in common.

If my thread offends you so much, then please just move on. You sound like a cry baby liberal complaining about the smallest issues (Trump is your president, deal with it).

Of course, I could just stop posting aND take a pic of it when it's done since the progress pics are so offensive to you, snowflake. Then again, this thread is NOT for you, or anyone else for that matter, it's for myself to see MY progress on MY build.

Anyways, the car will be finished, I probably won't update every day or every week. There's no point on posting, if there isn't any pics to go with it. This isn't a full time build. I have a wife and 2 kids that are my first priority, I have an actual job so I don't just sit in my garage looking at it all day.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Don't let the negativity distract you, or waste your time defending yourself when you don't need to. You have a concept realized, you started a thread, you cut up a car, you're already a step ahead of many. While it may be early to call it a "success," it's no less a cool project. Most of us have lives and jobs outside of our car projects. Based on your V1/V2 bumper I have some confidence you may be able to pull this off. Carry on.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Sigh. You're*

I laughed,
laughed some more,
was a little annoyed,
but then continued to laugh...

My long overdue fruit are all coming
Old 01-31-2017, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

And I will be here, to ruin your days.

Naf, I'm glad you enjoyed still waiting on some videos. If you hadn't washed your car since you started your thread it would be a sand dune by now.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:32 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Married, with soon to be three kids, and two dogs that all like to wake up from 4am-5:40am, EVERYDAY...

You cant ruin whats already spoiled...
Old 01-31-2017, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every project NEEDS a hater. More motivation to get it done. If for nothing else to irritate them. Everyone one here has been that guy at one point or another
Old 01-31-2017, 12:21 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
Every project NEEDS a hater. More motivation to get it done. If for nothing else to irritate them. Everyone one here has been that guy at one point or another
What happens when they are a constant? Are they considered a professional critic?

Quick Reply: V1 + awd + 2 door = success!