Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Looking for fender flares for V1

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for fender flares for V1

Hi all, Am looking for fender flares for my 05 V. Heard specter werks went out of business. No luck with internet search. Anyone know of who, if anybody, is making them? Thanks
Old 05-12-2017, 01:04 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Good Luck.... unless you find someone offloading some, may need to have some custom fabbed.... $$$$$
Old 05-12-2017, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

At this point your best bet is to have them custom made if you really want them. Even the original tooling is long gone.

I've got a set of rears that were never mounted and a set of fronts that are mounted to fenders.

There's not really much interest in making tooling and molds from them and even so the market just isn't there and neither is the money.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Nowicki motor sports

Talk with Jeff, he was the original owner of specter
Old 05-13-2017, 12:40 AM

Thank you for the reply Junior. Not ready to have a set built yet. Gonna take a little time & see if I can find a used set. Am tracking my car frequently & would love to have a wider contact patch. Are you keeping your set thinking of selling? Thanks again for the info.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:44 AM

Thanks Naf. Went to the website,will try to get in touch with Jeff
Old 05-15-2017, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Unfortunately, I'm not looking to sell them.

I'm in contact with Jeff very often but that's what I meant. He will have to fab them up especially for you (one off) so expect to spend some coin on them.

They originally sold for 1k or better and that was when he had all of the tooling on hand. Now you are probably looking at the cost of remaking all of the tooling plus all of the materials and then the cost and materials to make the parts out of fiberglass or carbon fiber.

After all that you will still need to "cut away" your original sheet metal in order for them to function plus attach the flares and paint to match.

In my opinion, unless a set falls into your lap or you are a bodyman yourself it ends up being too cost prohibitive to accomplish or at least I think there are better things to spend money on...
Old 05-15-2017, 01:17 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I cant remember my exact prices, but i feel i spent 3600$ on my front fenders with 1" flares in cf.

5500$ on the cf doors with side impact protection

7000$ on my cf hood with louvers

1500$ rear cf trunk lid one stock and one with apr rear spoiler

1000$ on my front cf/fiberglass splitter

Plus shippin and paintin
Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 PM

Thanks Junior & Naf for all the info, help is much appreciated. Your right Junior, cost must considered & at some point a person has to accept that the money could be better spent elsewhere. In the meantime, I'll give it some time & see where this search takes me. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks again guys for all insight & information.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Default sell me the flairs for my track car!!

Originally Posted by Junior-1
At this point your best bet is to have them custom made if you really want them. Even the original tooling is long gone.

I've got a set of rears that were never mounted and a set of fronts that are mounted to fenders.

There's not really much interest in making tooling and molds from them and even so the market just isn't there and neither is the money.
ll me the flairs for my track car!!
Old 08-26-2017, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Naf
I cant remember my exact prices, but i feel i spent 3600$ on my front fenders with 1" flares in cf.

5500$ on the cf doors with side impact protection

7000$ on my cf hood with louvers

1500$ rear cf trunk lid one stock and one with apr rear spoiler

1000$ on my front cf/fiberglass splitter

Plus shippin and paintin
Old 08-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Junior-1
Unfortunately, I'm not looking to sell them.

I'm in contact with Jeff very often but that's what I meant. He will have to fab them up especially for you (one off) so expect to spend some coin on them.

They originally sold for 1k or better and that was when he had all of the tooling on hand. Now you are probably looking at the cost of remaking all of the tooling plus all of the materials and then the cost and materials to make the parts out of fiberglass or carbon fiber.

After all that you will still need to "cut away" your original sheet metal in order for them to function plus attach the flares and paint to match.

In my opinion, unless a set falls into your lap or you are a bodyman yourself it ends up being too cost prohibitive to accomplish or at least I think there are better things to spend money on...
sell me the flairs!

Quick Reply: Looking for fender flares for V1