Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Need help starting the car after harness repair.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help starting the car after harness repair.

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 05 CTS-V from a car auction. It was involved in a wreck and the PCM was ripped out. When I received the vehicle the main computer and along with the plug were missing. The only thing that I was left with is a bundle of wires. Since then I bought a PCM off ebay and was able to locate some blue and green pigtails. I found a pinout diagram along with a few other diagrams to help me repair the wiring harness. I soldered the wires together then applied heat shrink to them. With the new PCM I received instructions on how to reprogram the key. I followed the procedure and the theft light now goes off within 3 seconds when the key is in the ON position.

Currently the car cranks but does not start. I re-checked a lot of the wires. While doing that I found a blown fuse. It was the 7.5 THEFT fuse under the hood. Could this cause my PCM to not learn the fuel code? If so, is there a way to reprogram the key? The theft light goes off after a few seconds in the ON position so following the 30min relearn is not going to work. My dash lights and navigation lights also go off when the key is turned from ON to RUN... Is this normal? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

When you turn the key to the Ignition On position, you should hear the fuel pump run for 1-2 seconds and then shut off. Is that happening for you?
Old 05-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Yes the fuel pump runs and I have pressure in the fuel rail.

I was wondering about he dash lights going off during the start up. Could I have some wires mixed up and there is a loss of signal to the PCM?
Old 05-28-2017, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

IIRC, the dash lights going off at engine crank is normal. Sounds like an ignition issue. Not sure if it's security or connectivity related.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where's you get the pcm?
Old 05-28-2017, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

I purchased it from flashmasters on eBay. I talked to him over the weekend and he said that he would send me a different one on Tuesday. I received one key with the car and no key fob. How do I tell if I have the "master key" if its a spare key would it be able to program the computer?
Old 05-29-2017, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nazark_18
I purchased it from flashmasters on eBay. I talked to him over the weekend and he said that he would send me a different one on Tuesday. I received one key with the car and no key fob. How do I tell if I have the "master key" if its a spare key would it be able to program the computer?
I can't help you there. Anybody?

Quick Reply: Need help starting the car after harness repair.