Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Bronze shift linkage bushing problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bronze shift linkage bushing problem

I'm trying to replace the stock linkage bushing with the CS bronze piece. I've got the spring ring out of the way but the damn pin is in there damn good. I've tried map gas and "mechanical agitation" along with a lot of lube to no avail.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Using an arbor press is your best bet. If you don't have access to one, you'll have to resort to beating living crap out of it with a hammer and drive pin punch. The latter option sucks because it's slow and loud, and the damn thing wants to rotate on you everytime you hit it. But rest assured, it is possible to get the pin out that way.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Managed to get it out. Had to unbolt the shift mechanism from the trans and a hammer and a pin punch made quick work of it. I was trying to avoid removing it from the trans but oh well. New bushing on. Just waiting for new LS7 clutch stuff to arrive.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, u have to unbold the whole assembly from the trans and never hammer on them installed...

Pin can be conical, so try to hammer it out from downside, not from the upper and to get the last slop out of it, use a rolled pin instead of the oem solid pin...

Greetz
Ron

Quick Reply: Bronze shift linkage bushing problem