Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

True 4 Corner Coilover?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True 4 Corner Coilover?

Does anyone have any info on this setup? I contacted D2 and they said the "user modified theirs to work as a coilover." I also asked the owner of the car with no reply.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's not a whole bunch of benefit to doing this unless your goal is to replace the stock lower control arm in exchange for the CS ones. basically you replace the springs with the correct length/rate and reuse the collars that would originally be mounted on the threaded piece that goes in the spring bucket. not much to it.

i have talked with ryan on facebook a bunch because he was looking into some forgestars. you likely track him down there?
Old 10-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bio248
there's not a whole bunch of benefit to doing this unless your goal is to replace the stock lower control arm in exchange for the CS ones. basically you replace the springs with the correct length/rate and reuse the collars that would originally be mounted on the threaded piece that goes in the spring bucket. not much to it.

i have talked with ryan on facebook a bunch because he was looking into some forgestars. you likely track him down there?
I'll try on FB thanks for the help. I had Ksport coilovers before on my old V and wanted to try this instead.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the coilover brand specifically doesn't matter much. they'll all piece together very similarly to this when you shift around the parts.

Quick Reply: True 4 Corner Coilover?