Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

port and polishing is it worth the money on the ls6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004 | 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default port and polishing is it worth the money on the ls6?

i got a high performance shop up the road and i was thinking of getting my intake, heads, all ported and polished is it worth the money?

also if it is worth it how bout changing the cam while there taking it apart?

big question... what does this do to my warranty???
Old 08-09-2004 | 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GrooveCityCTS-V
i got a high performance shop up the road and i was thinking of getting my intake, heads, all ported and polished is it worth the money?

also if it is worth it how bout changing the cam while there taking it apart?

big question... what does this do to my warranty???
Im pretty sure theres not much they can actually do on the intake. The heads can of course be ported but I wouldnt risk letting just any shop do it.

"What does this do to my warranty" What warranty? You wont have one after those mods. Actually just the engine's warranty will be the one that might get voided. The warranty on the rest of the car should be fine unlesss they try to blame it on the new mods. Dealers can be pretty shady when it comes to mods and warranty work.

If you do decide to do the mods then I'd go a head and get at least slightly bigger cam. Dont forget to upgrade the valvetrain if you do.
Old 08-09-2004 | 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

No Warranty?!?!

what would you do to the car to get the most bang for you buck? i dont mind spending some money but dont wanna blow the thing up if i'm not gonna have a warranty when i get done.. it only gets 1 or 2 hard runs a week.. i'd love to get the car under 12 or atleast real low 12's.

i've got alot of plans for the car just cant find many parts or anything for it.

how do you feel about NOS? good idea or bad idea? i was looking in jegs they have a kit for $549 that is for a corvette, camaro, firebird part number 741-05151 i dont know how hard that stuff is on my engine.

thanks for the quick reply

Quick Reply: port and polishing is it worth the money on the ls6?