Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

OZ Wheels on CTS-V Race Car! Any Chance of Wheels and Flares for production CTS-V's??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OZ Wheels on CTS-V Race Car! Any Chance of Wheels and Flares for production CTS-V's??

Here are some pics of the OZ wheels there using on the race car. They look much wider then the stock wheels the car comes with. Anybody know if there is a way to buy them and the fender flares on the race car?

in my opinion the CTS-V looks alot better then the regular CTS but why not make it look even meaner? I'd love to make my car look just like the race car minus the wing and the body graphics!

So whats up? Anybody got any inside connections with Cadillac to get some of these parts????
Attached Thumbnails OZ Wheels on CTS-V Race Car! Any Chance of Wheels and Flares for production CTS-V's??-oz-wheels-ctsv-race-car.jpg   OZ Wheels on CTS-V Race Car! Any Chance of Wheels and Flares for production CTS-V's??-oz-wheels-ctsv-race-car.jpg  
Old 08-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Those OZ wheels look good, I know someone that would be willing to do the leg work and track down some information on them - I'm on it!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by StealthV
Those OZ wheels look good, I know someone that would be willing to do the leg work and track down some information on them - I'm on it!
If someone is motivated enough, I think C5 Corvette hub bearings fit Caddy knuckles. Sure would open up the wheel choices. I'll have to try a set when our V's come back from racing this weekend.

Mark
Old 08-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Mark, I like the idea of Vette hubs. The question then is what to do about brakes? You'd have to pry the 14" Brembos from my cold dead hands.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They run a 18x11 F, and an 18x12 rear
Old 08-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by StealthV
Mark, I like the idea of Vette hubs. The question then is what to do about brakes? You'd have to pry the 14" Brembos from my cold dead hands.
Wellll..................... I installed a set of Performance Friction rotors for evaluation purposes. Unfortuneately, this set has no provision for the parking brakes- not saying they aren't available, but this set did not have the park brake drum inside the rotor hat. They were two piece rotors. I'm sure PF could supply the correct rotors for the V with the Corvette 5 lug hole pattern. Or, the six holer could be redrilled to five? Since all my V's have to run 6 lug hubs (SCCA rules), we've been usung ccw wheels similar to the ones we use on our racing Corvettes. These require 3" wheel studs and a 1" spacer. We also had a set of 6 lug chrome ccw's made up to try. I don't know the widths, but can find out.

Mark
Phoenix Performance
Old 08-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the CCW info Mark... I have spoken to John (CCW) about his "classic street/track" wheels, he does not recommend them for a street car... due to exactly what you mentioned, the new wheel bolts, and spacer!

The SCCA legal wheels are 18x9s (not sure if you meant those wheels, or the new chrome ones you have).

At this point, I'd be happy with *ANY* 18" wheel that's a 6-bolt, light and doesn't cost $4-5K (set), that I could use on the track w/race rubber.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

so what are people going to do to put wheels on this car?

are other wheel companies going to come out with something that will fit?

or should i just come off the coins and buy some HRE's or CCW's???

Quick Reply: OZ Wheels on CTS-V Race Car! Any Chance of Wheels and Flares for production CTS-V's??