Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cags?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005 | 09:57 PM
Teching In

Default Cags?

I am a new member, and proud cts-v owner. I have been reading posts for a couple weeks and am trying to make informed decisions about what mods are in store for my badcadi. Ifsomone would be so kind as to explain what exactly the "CAGS" mod is.
Old 03-23-2005 | 10:24 PM
Launching!

You need to check out
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/

In answer to your CAGS (for example)
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/cagsexplain.html

Welcome!

Reed
Old 03-23-2005 | 10:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1badcadi
I am a new member, and proud cts-v owner. I have been reading posts for a couple weeks and am trying to make informed decisions about what mods are in store for my badcadi. Ifsomone would be so kind as to explain what exactly the "CAGS" mod is.

I got the Stealth V CAGS eliminator after about a week of getting frustrated. Once on the lift, it takes less than a minute to install. It is a must IMHO.
Old 04-03-2006 | 01:39 PM
Teching In

Default New to Forum too

Interesting about CAGS. I though my tranny was defective, or something. I'm glad to know it was designed that way, although it seems kind of dumb.

I do have a few question for those out there with more experience in these matters. I have a 2005 CTS-V, with the sunroof. While driving down a long, straight and deserted local road, oh about 130mph, the sunroof kind of opened (it actually retracted just enough to break the air seal). And, the hood opened too, but just to the safety catch--not all the way open.

Now I can move the sunroof up and down almost an inch with just a finger. I have been a little hesitant to retry a high speed pass for fear that the car will come completely apart.

Has anyone else had similar high speed issues?
Old 04-03-2006 | 09:40 PM
On The Tree

I read somewhere, SUPPOSEDLY if you put the car in competition mode the whole 1-4 skip shift disables?
Old 04-03-2006 | 10:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dannystang
I read somewhere, SUPPOSEDLY if you put the car in competition mode the whole 1-4 skip shift disables?
NOT true on the competition mode/CAGS...

On the sunroof/ hood thing.. That is a serious issue.... Its tough to explain to a delaer though. I would just tell them there are issues with the latch and the sunroof and see what they say.,

Reed

Quick Reply: Cags?