Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Doesn't anyone make shocks for our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Doesn't anyone make shocks for our cars?

I need a set of non leveling shocks for my V to go with eibachs I am going to install. I know people are using the CTS ones, but I don't like the idea of going to a softer shock.

Are the FG2 shocks self leveling?

Are their any companies that make an aftermarket shock?
Old 07-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Launching!

the FG2 are self leveling as well..

I dont know anyone that YET makes a shock that fits into the stock position for the V.

Reed
Old 07-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ctsvett
the FG2 are self leveling as well..

I dont know anyone that YET makes a shock that fits into the stock position for the V.

Reed
I think the vette shock is physically the same. Someone would have to get one and see if it is any good. Its not self leveling but it does deal with a lot less weight. A little expensive for a try out.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Tenured Member

Default shocks

We have the QA-1 adjustable in stock. We just installed them on our V.
in the full soft position they give a noticabley softer ride. I have not gone to full hard yet but there is plenty of adjustment, so you should be able to loosen your fillings. I have not put the bushing upgrade in yet, But the wheel hop has been reduced from never stopping in low gear to about three hops. Part of the wheel hop issiue has been the shocks.The price will be just short of $800.00 for a set of four. I would entertain a Group purchase, let me know.The install took about four hours, we also installed the EIBACHS at the same time.

I also installed our TPIS OVAL throttle body at the same time will post dyno numbers next week. This is an LS-6 intake that we modify to accept our Billet oval throttle body. We normally see around 17+ flywheel HP. and 15 lb. ft. with this mod. This combo will out perform the FAST intake. And ends up being about $400.00 cheaper.

I can really feel the difference, Our car has our headers, light weight steel clutch and flywheel kit , level two programming.and the above mentioned intake and throttle body. and our low cost short throw shifter kit.

If you in the area stop by and take a ride.

Myron cottrell, tpis

Quick Reply: Doesn't anyone make shocks for our cars?