Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V Got Wrecked!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any good body shop should be able to match! be your right it should be right the first time....
Old 08-16-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by platinum
you will see what looks like halos in the paint it looks like darker lines in the paint. silver is the worst colour to blend
It’s called mottling when the metallic in the paint looks blotchy and it is not from blending the paint. It is from someone being in a hurry and not letting the paint flash off good before the spray the next coat. But you are right, metallic silvers are the hardest to match.

A good shop will blend the paint if it does not match enough. If it is a good blend most people will never notice.

Sorry for the rant. I grew up in a body shop. You can check my work if you want. I painted the whole front clip and both doors on my T/A.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffracing
It’s called mottling when the metallic in the paint looks blotchy and it is not from blending the paint. It is from someone being in a hurry and not letting the paint flash off good before the spray the next coat. But you are right, metallic silvers are the hardest to match.

A good shop will blend the paint if it does not match enough. If it is a good blend most people will never notice.

Sorry for the rant. I grew up in a body shop. You can check my work if you want. I painted the whole front clip and both doors on my T/A.
If they blend it though, won't that make the rest of the paint uglier? How much are they going to have to re clear coat?

Ben
Old 08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they paint the front fender and it is a blendable match, They will blend it into the door. So the whole door would get recleared. I'm not really sure what you mean by "uglier." I would rather have the paint blended then have two panels with a noticeably different shade of paint. Bodymen can see differences in shades of paint that no one else will ever see. Just ask the bodyshop if they can show you a car they had to blend on.

Quick Reply: V Got Wrecked!!!!