Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V vs. C55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the improvements in the '06 I'd get that over an '05 if money is not an object. There are deals on '05's @ $40K vs. $51K for an '06. The LS2 takes advantage of all the LS6's engineering and puts that into a 6.0L package. I really wouldn't worry about LS2 vs. LS6.

If you buy an '06 you shouldn't experience the issues that us '04 and '05 owners have had to deal with. You may however be subjected to the same poor service we've all experienced at the hands of Cadillac Dealers. With few exceptions most tech's still don't know how to work on the car properly. With the average dealer seeing 2 or 3 V's in for service we're not even on their radar.

If this were a year ago I'd say get the C55. But with the promised improvements in the '06 I'd get the V. Performance wise you still have the C55 covered and for very little $'s you can ensure that performance gap widens between the V and the C55.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvp33
Based on the improvements in the '06 I'd get that over an '05 if money is not an object. There are deals on '05's @ $40K vs. $51K for an '06. The LS2 takes advantage of all the LS6's engineering and puts that into a 6.0L package. I really wouldn't worry about LS2 vs. LS6.

If you buy an '06 you shouldn't experience the issues that us '04 and '05 owners have had to deal with. You may however be subjected to the same poor service we've all experienced at the hands of Cadillac Dealers. With few exceptions most tech's still don't know how to work on the car properly. With the average dealer seeing 2 or 3 V's in for service we're not even on their radar.

If this were a year ago I'd say get the C55. But with the promised improvements in the '06 I'd get the V. Performance wise you still have the C55 covered and for very little $'s you can ensure that performance gap widens between the V and the C55.

Good deal...yeah, you can grab an 05 V for like 40g, where as the Merc is 55g.

I've been looking into the wheel hop fix kits, and that should solve the problem if i get an 05.

The more i look at the CTS-V the more i love it, and you can't beat it for the price.

Quick Reply: CTS-V vs. C55 AMG