Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V with ATI ProCharger D-1SC

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 02:56 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Magnacharger will give a vehicle very excellent bottom end power, and starts to fall off where a centrifical supercharger really starts to make power at. Most street cars with V-8's already make enough low end power, and need more mid range and top end horsepower. An ATI ProCharger equipped LS car with an M6, at 8 psi of boost will annilihate the tires at 40 mph in 3rd gear, with near instant throttle response. At the track the power just keeps getting stronger and stronger through the rpm range, never dropping off. Bob
Old 10-17-2005, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice numbers! Looks like it wants to spin just a few hundred more RPM.
Glad to hear nothing crazy was needed. Just about 1k worth of stuff over the existing procharger kits...this should (I hope) keep the cost equal, or a little less than a maggie.

The differences between centrifugal and roots is quite a bit, so I'll just name the differences between the maggie and D-1SC...first off...a roots type blower is not the most efficient, take a look at Mustang Cobras and Lightnings, both come with roots type blowers. These guys are taking Kenne bell superchargers(screw type), which are very similar to the look and boost curves the roots, and are getting an average of 80 extra RWHP at the SAME BOOST LEVELS and are doing so with a much cooler charge. This equates to a much more efficient operation. I have already contacted Kenne bell and they have no plans to make a kit for our cars.

My very very close, but second choice would be a procharger, these kits, like the maggies, are self contained and "intercooled". The D-1SC has a max boost of 32psi and 1400 CFM, so using it at under 10 psi is going to make for a very cool running supercharger. ATI(those who make prochargers) recommend the D-1SC be use on motors that have 300-500 NA HP...seems about perfect for our Vs. The statement above about centrifugal keeping the stock feel under non-boosted operation is true, but in some cases fuel mileage actually increases, not sure how exactly...but people say it happens.

I've had a centrifugal blower on my Mustang, it was a vortech T-trim, which fills a similar role as the D-1SC but without being self contained and no intercooler. I was running about 8psi and did not notice any lag at all even though max boost came around 4k. To me, it basically takes the natural power curve of our motors and ramps it WAY up. On the freeway it took quite a bit less pedal in my top gear(5th) to pass people, I would have ~1psi and it helped nicely.

I'm very excited about the possibility of a procharger kit, otherwise my V will probably never see boost. (crossing fingers!)

Last edited by Mat347; 10-18-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned

I Made 465 Rwhp With A Maggie And Stock Tune That Came With It
Old 10-18-2005, 05:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by platinum
On what kind of chassis dyno? An unloaded chassis dyno such as a Dynojet will show 40 to 50 additional rwhp, compared to my Mustang Chassis Dyno with it's eddy current.

We need to have everyone take these cars to the track to see what the mph is at the end of the 1/4 mile, which is the very best indicater of true hp. Bob
Old 10-18-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

damnnn
Old 10-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by platinum
Bring it up for a head-to-head. All I've got to say is dayum!!!! This thing is a banschee!!!! Going to have it dynoed on a Dynojet and I'll compare that number to yours above. How's that? Should be around 500. And on another note, you couldn't ask for a nicer, more professional bunch of guys. They know their stuff, and I'd recommend them to anybody looking to have some work done.

Mark
Old 10-18-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

congrates!!!

Cant wait to get the suspension (wheel-hop, diff-issues straightened, and fo my payments to go down a bit before i go d1-sc!!)

Yes, on a dynojet you should see above 500rwhp...but this all through a stock block, correct? Im sure with a nice "calm" cam and head package, you should be well into 10'z with a nice skillz and no wheel hop....

good luck and keep us posted, glad to see a v with a procharger!!!! (Im not bashing a maggie but my preference is a centrifugal all the way.....the maggie's do look sweet when opening the hood for sure...all nice a shiney!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:09 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by markbinkc
Bring it up for a head-to-head. All I've got to say is dayum!!!! This thing is a banschee!!!! Going to have it dynoed on a Dynojet and I'll compare that number to yours above. How's that? Should be around 500. And on another note, you couldn't ask for a nicer, more professional bunch of guys. They know their stuff, and I'd recommend them to anybody looking to have some work done.

Mark
Thanks Mark, I take it you made it back to Kansas City in a new record time... lol Do indeed post your DynoJet numbers when you get bit dyno'ed. Thanks! Bob
Old 10-20-2005, 04:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by obZidian
congrates!!!

Cant wait to get the suspension (wheel-hop, diff-issues straightened, and fo my payments to go down a bit before i go d1-sc!!)

Yes, on a dynojet you should see above 500rwhp...but this all through a stock block, correct? Im sure with a nice "calm" cam and head package, you should be well into 10'z with a nice skillz and no wheel hop....

good luck and keep us posted, glad to see a v with a procharger!!!! (Im not bashing a maggie but my preference is a centrifugal all the way.....the maggie's do look sweet when opening the hood for sure...all nice a shiney!!!!!
Thanks! Yes this is on the stock block. Mark is planning on bringing it back to us in early next year to have us install a forged bottom end, so that we can up the boost level. If we get the suspension worked out so that this car can hook, it will indeed be a very quick car at the track. Bob
Old 10-20-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

what are you guys gonna do with the driveline? Diff, driveshaft, clutch/flywheel.....

To hook, nothing a good set of BFG'z wont fix but these rears wont take the hook.....
Old 10-20-2005, 10:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

We'll be looking at BMR for the rear-end components, most likely PST for the driveshaft, and A Spec Stage 3 clutch/pressure plate combo. Bob
Old 10-23-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I met up with Mark today and he was kind enough to give me a ride. It was sweet! The blower sound is awesome, and it complements the sound of the Corsa exhaust very well too.

That thing just kept pulling and pulling !!

Thanks for the ride Mark and nice install Bob !

Gary
Old 10-24-2005, 08:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by Gary98Z
I met up with Mark today and he was kind enough to give me a ride. It was sweet! The blower sound is awesome, and it complements the sound of the Corsa exhaust very well too.

That thing just kept pulling and pulling !!

Thanks for the ride Mark and nice install Bob !

Gary
Thanks Gary! Mark is a great guy, and a heck of a nice customer. Bob
Old 10-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting the car out of the body shop, getting the ECU reprogrammed, and getting that smaller pulley on. Should really scream then. I'll post dyno graphs and numbers when I have all this done!

Mark
Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting the car out of the body shop, getting the ECU reprogrammed, and getting that smaller pulley on. Should really scream then. I'll post dyno graphs and numbers when I have all this done!

Mark
Mark, the smaller blower pulley is on it's way. Hopefully you will have it tomorrow. Bob
Old 11-02-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

update?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by obZidian
update?
I will have an update for you guys on Thursday night or Friday. I had some issues with the fact that my car was tuned for 93 octane and they only sell 91 here in KC, so my reprogrammed ECM should be back today. Dyno run tomorrow (as I now have a slightly smaller pulley) and I'll post numbers. Was going to the track this weekend but I need to get some new tires. The F1 supercars are BALD. These guys will take care of you all if you need anything "go fast". Even with my bad 91 octane gas, this thing pulls with insanity. Last friday on the freeway, I was cruising along and some guy in an older ford Thunderbird tried to jump me (he had a pod of gauges on his a-pillar). He downshifted and heard his supercharger start screaming (sounded like a Kenne Belle). I know it's like picking on a little kid, but he started it. Even only getting 6# of boost, I walked away from him like he was standing still. Ran from about 40-110 and he was WAY back. Don't know if he gave up, but he threw a thumbs up when he came back past me. Updates thursday night or friday.

Mark
Old 11-02-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

yeah..i understand you..its not your fault if they started it!!! Has happened to me tons of times with the 408ci in the Z28, but its still worth it when the other participant is cool about getting smacked!!!!

Sucks about the gas, here in miami we have 93 available. You could always add a little bit of octance booster to the 91 to help it out though i think you really dont need it!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

I will have an update for you guys on Thursday night or Friday. I had some issues with the fact that my car was tuned for 93 octane and they only sell 91 here in KC, so my reprogrammed ECM should be back today. Dyno run tomorrow (as I now have a slightly smaller pulley) and I'll post numbers. Was going to the track this weekend but I need to get some new tires. The F1 supercars are BALD. These guys will take care of you all if you need anything "go fast". Even with my bad 91 octane gas, this thing pulls with insanity. Last friday on the freeway, I was cruising along and some guy in an older ford Thunderbird tried to jump me (he had a pod of gauges on his a-pillar). He downshifted and heard his supercharger start screaming (sounded like a Kenne Belle). I know it's like picking on a little kid, but he started it. Even only getting 6# of boost, I walked away from him like he was standing still. Ran from about 40-110 and he was WAY back. Don't know if he gave up, but he threw a thumbs up when he came back past me. Updates thursday night or friday.

Mark

Too Cool!!! Bob
Old 11-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

No updates as of now. Still only making 6# even with a smaller pulley. Thinking maybe I have a constant leak somewhere. Gonna wait until the car cools off and look tomorrow to see if I can find the leak. Only other thought is a faulty bypass valve, which no one seems to think is the case. Stumped and frustrated...

Mark

Quick Reply: CTS-V with ATI ProCharger D-1SC