Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V with ATI ProCharger D-1SC

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-03-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

"only 6 lbs..." You sound like a true boost-head!!!!

THat awesome , i cant wait for my procharger...maybe a d1-sc just to have some fun...

A leak? huh? Im sure you have looked over all of the plumbing and retightened all of the clamps. You could check for a leak in the boost gauge line if you have on or amaybe some of the lumbing connecting to the motor. As she shifts around on the mounts, the clamps might bulge a bit loose and cause a leak. Could be the bypass valve.

Good Luck, get that forged bottom, drop the CR and let see 12-15lbs...ONe bar? no that is normal boost perssure...unless you already have a bar and want two or three or mabe four!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Also check the PCV valve...I had this same issue on my stang, turned out to be the PCV, even though it jiggled like it should. Seems to happen more often than not. I had to plug off the PCV and run open breathers on the valve covers, no problems after that.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. Will look into all of this over the weekend. I should be getting close to 10lbs with this particular pulley. Will keep all updated.

Mark
Old 11-05-2005, 05:34 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, give me a call Wednesday when I get back to the shop, and let me know if you found any leaks. Bob
Old 11-05-2005, 07:10 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Mark, one more thing. Check the F Body plenum that we used, as it is very close to the shock tower. Maybe the leak is there...??? Bob
Old 11-05-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mat347
Also check the PCV valve...I had this same issue on my stang, turned out to be the PCV, even though it jiggled like it should. Seems to happen more often than not. I had to plug off the PCV and run open breathers on the valve covers, no problems after that.
wow, forgot about that one! That is one that i have always over looked and is, i dont want to say usually, ut it has been the case more times than not.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

hey, mark...when you get a chance, can you get a vid of your car idling? That would be cool!!!!

MAybe that is what i need to get off my *** and man up, and spend the few bucks necesary to get a procharger!!! GOD, i want one!!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by obZidian
hey, mark...when you get a chance, can you get a vid of your car idling? That would be cool!!!!

MAybe that is what i need to get off my *** and man up, and spend the few bucks necesary to get a procharger!!! GOD, i want one!!
I'll see if I can get one posted in the next couple of days. Or give me your email, and I'll try and send you one in that time frame. It does sound sweet. Very much a head-turner!

Mark
Old 11-06-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

I heard the D-1's are annoyingly loud. This true? I want something "In your face" loud but not something that's gonna sound crappy... heard it sounds like broken bearings rattling around in the engine bay.... I've heard a P-1 and it sounded SwEET!
Old 11-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Ok gentlemen. The video is up in that section of the forum. Not the best quality, but will give you an idea of how it sounds. Hope you all like it.

Mark

Or not.... don't know why it hasn't posted yet. If it doesn't post, I retry again tomorrow.

Last edited by markbinkc; 11-06-2005 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Video not up yet
Old 11-06-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

my email is arg_z28@yahoo.com

Lets see if the vid is up. Its here in the ls1tech hosting section right?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
I heard the D-1's are annoyingly loud. This true? I want something "In your face" loud but not something that's gonna sound crappy... heard it sounds like broken bearings rattling around in the engine bay.... I've heard a P-1 and it sounded SwEET!
im not sure why they would tell you that a d1 would sound like broken bolts in a can but its just like the pi but MAYBE a bit louder. THEy do spin or have a capacity to spin faster thus turn more power!
Old 11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

The regular D-1 does not have the helical cut gears like the SC versions do. This makes a MUCH louder operation, usually louder than the exhaust at idle. It also is not self contained...which is no fun IMO. The D1 will spin up to 65k, the D-1SC can do 62k. For street cars, the SCs are the only way to go, especially with our Vs being sleepers already.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

it would be cool if you could enclose the sc with a lid, so you can really be completey silent and incognito...buuhahahaha!!!

OH, how about one of those cool switches that mad max had on his stang. Hit the switch and blamo, the blower turns off...oh, blamo.its back on again!!

That would rock!!

Sorry guys, im not beeing all that serious tonight, just trolling around....
Old 11-12-2005, 04:39 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

One of my employee's flew out to Kansas City today to drive this CTS-V back to our shop, so we can get to the bottom of why it is only producing 6 pounds of boost. While it is at my shop, I'll try to get a video of it on the dyno. Bob
Old 11-12-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

omg!! please!! that would be SO cool!

I saw the idling vid and though it was great, the sound was a bit baised. Umm, more high to mid range with tons of distortion in the sound. Im sure it sounds way better in person. You can never get a quality sound unless you get a good mic for vid.

Anyways, only 6lbs huh? does the car have a cog belt system? Maybe your getting some belt slippeage and not spinning that blower all the way? Could be a leak somewhere or the BOV isnt properly adjusted and is constantly bleeding though vey minimal. Im not sure....but i know you guys can figure it out.

Good luck on that Bob, im sure its nothing and he'll get bored of the 8lbs and move it up to 12, 13...MAaaaaybe 14ish ...hmm....But knowing our cars, still turning 12'z!!!! (J/K, no pun intent, just keeping it lite!)
Old 11-13-2005, 05:49 AM
Staging Lane

omg!! please!! that would be SO cool!

I saw the idling vid and though it was great, the sound was a bit baised. Umm, more high to mid range with tons of distortion in the sound. Im sure it sounds way better in person. You can never get a quality sound unless you get a good mic for vid.

Anyways, only 6lbs huh? does the car have a cog belt system? Maybe your getting some belt slippeage and not spinning that blower all the way? Could be a leak somewhere or the BOV isnt properly adjusted and is constantly bleeding though vey minimal. Im not sure....but i know you guys can figure it out.

Good luck on that Bob, im sure its nothing and he'll get bored of the 8lbs and move it up to 12, 13...MAaaaaybe 14ish ...hmm....But knowing our cars, still turning 12'z!!!! (J/K, no pun intent, just keeping it lite!)
Probably not slippage. An 8 rib belt on a 4.5 inch and then my new 4.25 inch pulley is probably not slipping, at least not with a pulley that large. Not a big motor guru, but I took it to a couple of reputable shops here and got that same answer. For the boost numbers I'm getting, I'm making about the horsepower I've been quoted (right at 460RWHP with the 6# with both pulleys, when I should've been at about 500RWHP on the dynojet with 8#). It's making the exact same boost and horsepower with the two different pulleys - 6# vs. 8# or the 10# it should be making now. Could be the BOV, but I checked it out and it seems to be operating properly. We'll see. Just trying to get enough HP so that I can overcome all that wheel hop and get as close to the 11's as I can . Sorry about the poor quality of the video. It is a new video camera, and wasn't shot under the best conditions. I'll get more up when I get it back. The dyno video should be cool though.

Mark
Old 11-13-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

oh, no worries mang!! The video wasnt thjat bad actually, i ws just making a few comments!!! It very much appreciated...

Hmm, a 8 rid belt system.... Well, it shouldnt be a belt slipping but you never know, stranger things have happened when it comes to motors. I believe that the numbers your puting down re accurate, but with a increase or derease in pulley size, which shold net you more power you are staying right around the same so SOMETHING is up.

THe bov could be a problem but you said you checked that. This is a SC unit correct? Im just think that in theory there is something not allowing that unit to spin fast enough to get a higher level of boost or it is spinning and slippage, which i've have seen tons of.

good luck, im sure you'll get this thing running nice.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

oh, no worries mang!! The video wasnt thjat bad actually, i ws just making a few comments!!! It very much appreciated...

Hmm, a 8 rid belt system.... Well, it shouldnt be a belt slipping but you never know, stranger things have happened when it comes to motors. I believe that the numbers your puting down re accurate, but with a increase or derease in pulley size, which shold net you more power you are staying right around the same so SOMETHING is up.

THe bov could be a problem but you said you checked that. This is a SC unit correct? Im just think that in theory there is something not allowing that unit to spin fast enough to get a higher level of boost or it is spinning and slippage, which i've have seen tons of.

good luck, im sure you'll get this thing running nice.
Thanks. It's got me kinda confused as well, but the car is back in able hands, and I'm sure it will take them all of 30 minutes to find out what I've been poring over for 2+ weeks. Just minor growing pains, I guess. I'll keep you updated.

Mark

Quick Reply: CTS-V with ATI ProCharger D-1SC