Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New To The V

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To The V

Just got an '04 CTV-V a week ago which is long enough to start tricking it out a bit. Not looking to do anything crazy at this point but some input from you guys would be great! Thinking about the superchip programmer, corsa exhaust, eibach springs (and rear shocks from what I have read here), and a cold air intake. Oh yeah, wheel hop eliminator...thats nasty!
I am a bit hesitant to get the programmer due to the fact that I haven't seen anyone mention having this on their ride.
What company makes the wheel hop eliminator kit?

Thanks for the help!

Also, I'm thinking about going with a wider rear tire. What's the best size if i am sticking with the factory wheel? And, if I go wider does anyone know if I'll have clearance problems when I lower it?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Most people go with the StealthV tune, it seems to be the best thing going. The ONLY bad part is you have to send your CPU to them, so you'll be without your V for a while.

I also got my 04 V about two months ago. Get your dealer to get the wheel hop TSB done(I had to give them the TSB number, many dealerships dont work on Vs much). While it doesnt get rid of the hop all the way, it is a vast improvement...actually tolerable. I got it done about 4 weeks ago and it seems to be getting better with time! I hit second and got a nice "S" pattern with ZERO wheel hop!

I will be going with 275/40s on the stock rims in back, and either 245 or 255/45s up front. This will not have any problems rubbing. People run 295s in back and some need to roll their lips due to some minor rubbing.

You may want to consider H&R springs, their quality and R&D is better than Eibach. Im looking on their site(didnt know if they made them for Vs), and their kit is going for 429 with 1.2" drop up front, and 1 in the back.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

If you want to go with wider tires on the back on the stock rims then the only combo that will work is the 275 40/18. This size tire is pushing it for the width of the stock rim but people seem to be doing it with no problems so far. Any other size will have a different height than the fronts and may cause a problem with the traction/stability control. If you want to go with 255's, do those all around.

As far as traction, a simple partial solution is the factory fix that GM just came out with. If you want even better traction after that then the Kars wheel hop kits are great (got one but haven't installed yet) and the BMR kits. Do some research to see which one you'll want.

The MorePerformance intake I have is great, I like it a lot. There's also a few other kits including LPE. CadillacFaq.com has some pictures of the different ones.

I've got the Superchips programmer on order and it should be here in the next few weeks. I'll let you know how I like it. I like that I can deprogram the car if I want. Supposedly not as much power as the StealthV tune though.

Good luck, the car is addicting, huh. Have fun!

Last edited by Chiro v; 09-25-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Teching In

thanks for the info! i ordered the superchip programmer also. and think the tires will be on in a week or so. yes, it's addicting...if i were only made of $$$$!