Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Flywheel/Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005 | 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Parker TX
Now they have aftermarket clutches out that don't require Katechs aluminum spacer.

TRUE. We use the Katech spacer,.. and have tried the GTO flywheel and clutch setup...which works nice, and is a GM servicable part (incase you break down local or some place far away). It is much lighter then the dual mass set up, and does REV much easier.

At this current moment, where doing a 383 AFR'd car, with blower,...and we are useing an Mcleod flywheel, and a SPEC stage III clutch and pressure plate.

It will be in the car this week as well as the rest of the setup. I'll keep you posted as to how the clutch works out. Oh, and yes we are useing the KAtech spacer as well.

J
Old 11-14-2005 | 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

jamie, you guys over there are on fire!!! let me see if i can pass by and check this out....
Old 11-14-2005 | 09:28 PM
Banned

Is It A Black Caddi By Chance
Old 11-14-2005 | 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Hey J,
Why the need to run the spacer on the SPEC stage 3.
Old 11-15-2005 | 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by platinum
Is It A Black Caddi By Chance

Black indeed. Seems like our boys with the ***** to do mods (here) have all been black V's. Just one silver V.. as far as big mods.

Hopeing that changes soon.
Old 11-15-2005 | 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey J,
Why the need to run the spacer on the SPEC stage 3.

Honestly parker, I have never installed the SPEC system on a V yet. I do have one in my car, and the LS2 WS6 next to the black caddy right now.

We had a bad expereince with Mcleod when we ordered a clutch assembly from them. At the time, they had never done a clutch for the V yet, directly anyways. So we ordered a kit from them anyways, and ended up haveing a problem,..them I spent time on the phone describing the problem to them, trying to tell them what I thought they/we needed to make it work,...then I was told to call back in a few minutes. At that very point, I have never recieved a return phone call from them. Not once. That was atleast two months ago.

We at that time, went with a KATECH recommended spacer, and GTO flywheel and clutch, a factory 2004 GM product. That was done because the customer came from a couple of hours away, to have the blower and other mods installed, ....and we wanted to use a readily available setup just incase he should have a problem far away.

This customer didn't want ANY driveability difference, so a heavy clucth, although wanted, didn't happen at this time.

So, fastforward to now, I do have a SPEC III clucth, Mcleod flywheel, Katech spacer, that I intend to install. Everything looks good as of now. The SPEC kit does have some spacers that it comes with,...but I am not there in my misson yet. The motor was just assembled, and now waiting on the electric water pump I should have coming in tomorrow, as well as the high volume oil pump.

All that said,...not sure if I need the spacer yet but either way, I have it if I need it.

You gotta understand, wehn you get rid of the LARGE dual mass/plane flywheel assembly , it obviously moves the clutch assembly that much farther away. makeing the spacer something needed.
Old 11-15-2005 | 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by obZidian
jamie, you guys over there are on fire!!! let me see if i can pass by and check this out....

We are haveing some fun man. Very tired though...late nights in the shop these days. Aside from all of the "work" stuff....I have my own car to upkeep....which is a job in its own.

Stop by whenever you want man, you have my number.

J
Old 11-15-2005 | 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

We are haveing some fun man. Very tired though...late nights in the shop these days. Aside from all of the "work" stuff....I have my own car to upkeep....which is a job in its own.

J
Old 11-15-2005 | 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, but the new SPEC part # is made just for it, so in turn you can eliminate the spacer.
Old 11-15-2005 | 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

J
hey, i'll be there tomorrow, or today actually, after work...just need to remember how to get to the shop!
Old 11-16-2005 | 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, but the new SPEC part # is made just for it, so in turn you can eliminate the spacer.

Cool.

We'll, I hope thats the case man. I'll let you know exactly.

Either way, i'm not worried about it. SAhouldn't be a big deal.

J
Old 11-16-2005 | 06:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

hey, i'll be there tomorrow, or today actually, after work...just need to remember how to get to the shop!

sweet.

Couple of ways. One, we're two miles NORTH of DOLPHINS STADIUM off of University, on the WEST side of the road. If you hit PINES BLVD, you have gone too far, and need to make a simple U turn.

Or, you can take the turnpike to pines BLVD, and go WEST,...to University dr, and go south(left) and we will be right there on your right(west)hand side.

Call me if you need better directions bro.

J
Old 11-22-2005 | 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

dude, sorry i havent gone by yet...been busy.

Hey, has anyone tried a successful install of a Textralia clutch and Steel Billet Flywheel? I have been reading tons on it and it seems like the way to go...

Anyone heard of this clutch or has any suggestions/experiences/headaches to share?

I ask because i want a single mss flywheel and a better clutch and this seems to be the meal ticket...

thanks ya'll
Old 11-30-2005 | 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Parker...sup man.

Question about the SPEC setup.

Did you do this kit on your car?

I'm looking at the kit, and some things don't make sense man.

J
Old 12-01-2005 | 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Black indeed. Seems like our boys with the ***** to do mods (here) have all been black V's. Just one silver V.. as far as big mods.

Hopeing that changes soon.
Jamie,

Glad I don't live anywhere near you. Otherwise I probably couldn't wait for the warranty to run out before diving into the innards.
Old 12-04-2005 | 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

J,
Sorry I havent been on in a while. What ?'s do you have about the setup. This is the kit that was installed.
Old 12-04-2005 | 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry about the confusion.....its a C6 clutch.
Old 12-05-2005 | 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry about the confusion.....its a C6 clutch.

hmmm....Do you mean you put a SPEC clutch in a cts-V that was ment for a C6 corvette?

Or do you mean you put a factory stock C6 corvette piece in the CTS?

It comes with a new master, which doesn't seem to fit without a fight,...if at all.

The spec kit that I have, came with throwout bearing, clutch, pressure plate, alignment tool, master, and spacer(thin spacer).

I think I need to just call SPEC.

If you have any info, thanks.

I'll figure it out.

j
Old 12-05-2005 | 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lawfive
Jamie,

Glad I don't live anywhere near you. Otherwise I probably couldn't wait for the warranty to run out before diving into the innards.

Yeah, we can't help it.

This car we're building,...has less then 18,000 miles.

Pretty groovey customer...
Old 12-06-2005 | 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

"cough...trextralia...cough!!"

Quick Reply: Flywheel/Clutch