Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

issues with V, wanted to see if any one has had these...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you say they replaced the flywheel under the clutch TSB? If so did they replace with the same dual mass flywheel or did you get something better and lighter. Mine is going to dealer tomorrow and should have the tsb and uuc shifter installed next week. They kept putting me off but next week is the week and I am waiting anxiously to see if there is a big difference. I really wanted to change the flywheel but the service manager at Lindsay Cadillac in Va. where I ordered the UUC from said some dealerships might not replace the flywheel with an aftermarket because it would void the warranty. Don't want to go there.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

No, unfortunately, i replaced it with the stock dual-mass unit. Its true that these dealers are just itching to void warranties, they can't help it!!!! There are a few that are in the BIZ and are less likely to void your warranty.

How much did you get that UUC for?
Old 03-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by obZidian
No, unfortunately, i replaced it with the stock dual-mass unit. Its true that these dealers are just itching to void warranties, they can't help it!!!! There are a few that are in the BIZ and are less likely to void your warranty.

How much did you get that UUC for?
$369.95 for shifter but I bought the upgraded bushings for another $30.00. I bought it from Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, Va. and shipping to Georgia for both was $411.10. I thought that was about as good as it was going to get and they had it in stock and shipped it the next day. Very friendly and helpful over the phone. I just got back from dropping the V off at the dealers for the TSB and UUC install so hopefully get it back by the middle of next week. I let you know how it feels when I do.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

thats not bad, i dont think... From wat i have read, the UUC is a nice piece and makes the V more enjoyable. Can you get back to on this or do a review thread, very much appreciated mang!!

Quick Reply: issues with V, wanted to see if any one has had these...