Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Rear Suspension Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Suspension Noise

I have too sell the V due to about 10 pussies jumping my gf and I while we were walking down the streets in Hollywood. I broke my hand when I hit a guy in the head and have to get pins put in it in a couple of weeks. Sadly I cannot shift my car with a cast and the doctor tells me I will be in a cast for a long time. Makes me feel like this ----> So now I have to get my car working perfect for who ever buys it. The rear suspension is making a poping noise whenever it is flexing which is all the time. The mechanics at the dealership keep telling me they fixed it with no luck. Also when I go over a speed bump the front suspension is making a noise like a shock is blown out. I am thinking it might be bad bushings in the struts? I drive this V like a grandmpa so it has never been abused. If anyone can pinpoint this problem or have any clue what I am talking about id really appreciate it.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

My Rear is sounding the same, I am pretty sure its the bushing. I was told GM just cam out with some specail bushing that fix's the problem. I have BMR bushing and it tore when i was raging it...
Old 03-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sullen Clothing
I have too sell the V due to about 10 pussies jumping my gf and I while we were walking down the streets in Hollywood. I broke my hand when I hit a guy in the head and have to get pins put in it in a couple of weeks. Sadly I cannot shift my car with a cast and the doctor tells me I will be in a cast for a long time. Makes me feel like this ----> So now I have to get my car working perfect for who ever buys it. The rear suspension is making a poping noise whenever it is flexing which is all the time. The mechanics at the dealership keep telling me they fixed it with no luck. Also when I go over a speed bump the front suspension is making a noise like a shock is blown out. I am thinking it might be bad bushings in the struts? I drive this V like a grandmpa so it has never been abused. If anyone can pinpoint this problem or have any clue what I am talking about id really appreciate it.
Sorry to hear that I thought we were going to meet in Valencia and race my '05 GTO? Are you thinking about an '06 CTS-V or a GTO maybe? Both have the LS2.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by patisi
Sorry to hear that I thought we were going to meet in Valencia and race my '05 GTO? Are you thinking about an '06 CTS-V or a GTO maybe? Both have the LS2.
Well I still want to go out to the track so before I sell it we need to go. Its just tough for me to shift with a cast on. The new cts v will be out in a few years and so will the camaro. So we will see what happens.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sullen Clothing
Well I still want to go out to the track so before I sell it we need to go. Its just tough for me to shift with a cast on. The new cts v will be out in a few years and so will the camaro. So we will see what happens.
I actullay went and drove the LS2 '06 CTS-V, if you must have a 4 Door then you may have to wait for the 2 years. I did not look at the engine bay in the '05, but the LS2 in the '06 is a tight fit around the exhaust manifolds. About the ride up to Willow, you are right not much you can do with your hand in a cast I hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Default Bushings

I took my car into the dealer and it ended up being the new dealer fix bushings for the anti wheel hop. They told me that they have had alot of complaints with the noise and that all they have to do is put grease on the top of the bushing. So its an easy fix for a annoying noise.