Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

few questions for the PROs

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the tuner so I could load and unload the tune. I was going to put nitrous in my V but I probably won't now (probably sell it soon). The nitrous and the aftermarket tunes don't work well together thus the ability to take out the tune was a must for me. I would have rather had a custom tune and probably would have done so if nitrous weren't an issue. I do like the Superchips tune and definitely like the results but I probably would have liked the custom tune better.

Last edited by Chiro v; 06-04-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Silverado,
Use both what? tuners? No you don't want to use two tuners if you want max results. Waste of money.

If you meant BMR and the Kars kit. Again you can't use both unless you go with the stage one Kars kit which doesn't use the pinion brace and use BMR's pinion brace. Again a waste of money.

The Kars kit is much better than the BMR. It goes a lot further to brace more things than the BMR does. People have taken their BMR's off and put the Kars kit in, but never vice versa.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

ok thanks for the advice, once i do the headers i'll do the custom tune and the Kars stage 2
Old 06-05-2006, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

I'm glad we were able to talk you into the Kars kit. Doug is really nice (met the guy) and I'm drooling to get my kit back on. Once you have it, then don't your really understand y you have it and wonder why it didn't come stock.

Quick Reply: few questions for the PROs