Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

TTP S3 Equalizer Heads/Cam Package - 453rwhp/393rwtq

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTP S3 Equalizer Heads/Cam Package - 453rwhp/393rwtq

2005 CTS-V

TTP Stage 3 Equalizer Heads/Cam Package
LSX 90mm/TPIS 90mm TB
Meziere Electric Water Pump
SW LTs
TTP X-Pipe Offroad
Corsa Exhaust
TTP 4" Intake Pipe

Old 06-07-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

ok, this is driving me crazy!!!!

Matt, you feel you can design a cam spec to swell that torque figure without sacrificing any/or much top end hp power?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Banned

Obzidian: We are developing a new cam for this car right now actually to get the torque up. It's weird that the cam made this low TQ on this combination it has never made this low of a TQ figure before. Oh well, it's all good because you dont spend your time under the 4000 range anyways.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

what would this combo yeild in a f-body for example?

This is with the new cluth and single-mass flywheel as well?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned

Yes this is with the new clutch/fw.

Same package in a 03 Z06:

Same package in a 02 SS
Old 06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

interesting....

not only is the car heavy but the driveline soaks up alot more even when compared to a vette drivetrain.

So, its not the flywheel... how about the two piece driveshaft and get-a-rag diff/gear set?

Still, she should move... i know its probably secret, but can i guess or could you hint at where this cam's lsa is at? I want to specifically know the ilde quality of this package... im not a big, it needs to idle like stock wussy, but its a caddi and shouldn't sound like a nascar uh, car. Thats why i have a camaro for!!!

got a vid matt?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Banned

The caddy is sitting under a cover now until the rain stops.. Bill is very **** about this!! lol. Once the rain subsides I will get you a clip. His car is loud as hell because of !cats and corsa exhaust. The LSA is at 113.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Resident

The car drove past me as I was pulling out of TTP, it made me go "WTF?"

It sounds loud, but more than that it just sounds MEAN, like the engine is pissed that its stuck in a 4-door and wants to prove that it'll destroy everything around it.

Its deffently my kind of car
Old 06-08-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

what software are ya'l using to tune this package? The more and more i look at these cars torque lines, the more i get the feeling like there is more "caddi" manangement factored in somewhere in the PCM that we haven't figured out yet.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

HPT. I am going to look around and see if I can find any holdbacks.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

not saying that there is, but, I'm just stupified about now becuz these cars just dont seem to through the numbers down that they should. Numbers aren't shiztnit, but, still, the numbers help out a bit when you reflect when the credit card bill comes around...
Old 06-18-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
HPT. I am going to look around and see if I can find any holdbacks.
keep us posted
Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
not saying that there is, but, I'm just stupified about now becuz these cars just dont seem to through the numbers down that they should. Numbers aren't shiztnit, but, still, the numbers help out a bit when you reflect when the credit card bill comes around...

You can't compare results when you have no clue what the specific components are. You're going by dyno results that vary from across the country along with components, tuner, dyno conditions, and the person turning the wrench etc. There are so many different variables that come into play concerning results. For the 2 H/C V's that I know personally, they are making the correct power for the mods they have.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

thanks, i'll keep that in mind.....

can YOU explain the "low" torque figures?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

thanks, i'll keep that in mind.....

can YOU explain the "low" torque figures?

Can you give me an example?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

Well, find me a CTS-V that really over comes the 400rwtrq. figure with h/c. Its kinda rare, dont ya think.... it maybe just the way these cars are setup, drivetrain

even with some nice sized packages that make anywhere from 420-440rwtrq. good example, my buddy, with a stage 2 ls1 GM heads, 231/237 cam makes 480rwhp/450rwtrq.

for example, your current package is making the power but not the typical, IMO, grunt that you would see in a trans/camaro/vette etc.

I appreciate you trying to help me be objective, but im not new to any of this and we have had our issues... it ain't about any of that... its just imo the V isn't making the grunt (trq.) thats why im trying to dig up some info on how or what we can do to make these motors make that trq. line cross over the 400rwtrq. line and do it squarely.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:26 AM
10 Second Club

Well, find me a CTS-V that really over comes the 400rwtrq. figure with h/c. Its kinda rare, dont ya think.... it maybe just the way these cars are setup, drivetrain

even with some nice sized packages that make anywhere from 420-440rwtrq. good example, my buddy, with a stage 2 ls1 GM heads, 231/237 cam makes 480rwhp/450rwtrq.

for example, your current package is making the power but not the typical, IMO, grunt that you would see in a trans/camaro/vette etc.

I appreciate you trying to help me be objective, but im not new to any of this and we have had our issues... it ain't about any of that... its just imo the V isn't making the grunt (trq.) thats why im trying to dig up some info on how or what we can do to make these motors make that trq. line cross over the 400rwtrq. line and do it squarely.
There seems to be VERY few H/C V's out there. In my experiance, they are making what they should be making considering the fact that the cam specs are known in my examples. With that being said, I'm curious, you want to know what the issues are to put TQ over the 400 mark. So what are your plans for your car?

You should try modding your car and trying different combo's to actually see what works. Sitting on the internet and comparing combo's from different shops and tuners is not the way to make an assumption that the "v" has an issue with TQ. The numbers I have experianced first hand are consistant with Fbods c5's and the like.

You're correct, it aint about past issues, it's about presenting honest factual first hand results. Something this section seems to be missing at times.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

i believe you have, again i might add, failed to understand the purpose of thought without tangibilty, oh sir of lsx. Or, were thy self not able to see and read past your own up-raised nose and tightened collar; of, course, lets not mention the thought that maybe thy status will not allow thy self to fathom such common, peasant ideals. We have been cool and again, it is quit obvious that you cannot help yourself and are just the village tart!

"Unless you have done the things I have then you cannot possible know what your talking about" (Sir 2c5 -The Ultimate Guide To Factual Lsx Philosophy)

Dude, im not gonna get suckd into this trend of pointless arguing about variables... for what, to show our internet wit...

Well, let me fast forward a bit and bring this to its rightful end...

"2c5 is king, he'sth is the god of factual inquire since he has done just about all of it. No one is possiblly capable of even comprehending such a ls6 juggernaut as he, for non know the path and how to follow the stars and read the charts to the land where the lsx was hand built by the great titans of yor."

... blah-blah-blah, yada, yada, yada.... (did i forget something) Oh yes, I here nominate, 2c5 as moderator surpreme of this board and subsequently, all boards that he feels necesary to moderator with his ultimate wisdom. Henceforth, non shall go without scrutiny unless he, oh Titan of Chevy Performance (thats you 2c5!! Doesn't that sound cool? ) Will'th a path be open'd upon his way and shown his course.

Funny, my plans are still in the works and when its done, im sure i'll get you the scope before everyone else. Im sure you know how to break the 400rwtrq. mark but im that wasn't your intented goal with this combo, er? ARR, ye'r swavvy bone'z!!

However, im to busy getting the camaro ready to break a personal record of mine which im sure your just dying to know... buahahaha!!! Fool!!

So, in the words of the great O'Malley:

"Fools, buahahahhahaa!! I shall make my exit with your little mexican friend here and for never to be seen again! AH! buahahaha!! Try and fine me you fools!! hahaha!! But beware..hahaha... becuz, if i see you before you see me.... look out!!! Buahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Banned

obZidian: That is freaking hilarious, hahaha.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:37 AM
10 Second Club

i believe you have, again i might add, failed to understand the purpose of thought without tangibilty, oh sir of lsx. Or, were thy self not able to see and read past your own up-raised nose and tightened collar; of, course, lets not mention the thought that maybe thy status will not allow thy self to fathom such common, peasant ideals. We have been cool and again, it is quit obvious that you cannot help yourself and are just the village tart!

"Unless you have done the things I have then you cannot possible know what your talking about" (Sir 2c5 -The Ultimate Guide To Factual Lsx Philosophy)

Dude, im not gonna get suckd into this trend of pointless arguing about variables... for what, to show our internet wit...

Well, let me fast forward a bit and bring this to its rightful end...

"2c5 is king, he'sth is the god of factual inquire since he has done just about all of it. No one is possiblly capable of even comprehending such a ls6 juggernaut as he, for non know the path and how to follow the stars and read the charts to the land where the lsx was hand built by the great titans of yor."

... blah-blah-blah, yada, yada, yada.... (did i forget something) Oh yes, I here nominate, 2c5 as moderator surpreme of this board and subsequently, all boards that he feels necesary to moderator with his ultimate wisdom. Henceforth, non shall go without scrutiny unless he, oh Titan of Chevy Performance (thats you 2c5!! Doesn't that sound cool? ) Will'th a path be open'd upon his way and shown his course.

Funny, my plans are still in the works and when its done, im sure i'll get you the scope before everyone else. Im sure you know how to break the 400rwtrq. mark but im that wasn't your intented goal with this combo, er? ARR, ye'r swavvy bone'z!!

However, im to busy getting the camaro ready to break a personal record of mine which im sure your just dying to know... buahahaha!!! Fool!!

So, in the words of the great O'Malley:

"Fools, buahahahhahaa!! I shall make my exit with your little mexican friend here and for never to be seen again! AH! buahahaha!! Try and fine me you fools!! hahaha!! But beware..hahaha... becuz, if i see you before you see me.... look out!!! Buahahahahahahahahahaha!!

You have finally seen the light!!! You're a bit slow, but I figured you would come around.

Yep, you guessed it, I'll hardly be able to sleep waiting for your Camaro results.

Hey Matt, anymore astounding G5X3 results????

Quick Reply: TTP S3 Equalizer Heads/Cam Package - 453rwhp/393rwtq