Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Northstar performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Northstar performance mods?

I havent done too much extensive reasearch on this guys but I was wondering if there's a company out there that makes performance cams for the Northstar 4.6 engine? I have a 95 STS and Ive contemplated long and hard about this thing and would like to go further with it. Right now I have just about every bolt on performance mod including single chamber flows with no cats and 3" exhaust. Custom true cold air intake with the larger throttle body and eventually like to add atleast a 50 shot...maybe more. I love this car man! Ya'll let me know something.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

This isn't really a northstar forum, and although some may know what you're looking for, I wouldn't get my hopes up on finding it here. There is another forum that may be able to help you out. I won't post the name but they are more of an all around 'cadillac owners' board. Good luck in your search. PM me if you still need an address to the other board.

Jon
Old 06-29-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

I have been searching around for performance mods for the northstar but the only thing i have found on the boards are threads like "So, how do you clean your engine covers?" or "When should i change my oil?" Or my favorite, posting a thread in the performance section of the northstar boards and only get the same questions and more crap like "Anyone know where i can find my spark plugs?"

The only thing that could be done is attempting a blower swap from the 4.4 SC northstars...

good luck!!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Mark_99STS has managed probably the most mods to a production car northstar (chrfab.com to non-production northstars -- don't ask them for production car stuff they don't make any). Mark's webpage: http://www.markonemtg.com/marks99sts

He has:
+ Ported/polished
+ torque converter
+ limited slip
+ Turbo

and is making 383 hp at the wheels through the 4T80e, which is a nice increase for a Northstar.

As always, the questions are:
How much money do you have?
and
How fast do you want to go?

Mark suggests it would cost around $17K to duplicate what he has done as I recall.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Butler county, right above slimey ass Cincinnati, OH

Whoa, I'd rather upgrade to the STS-V, and save myself the turbo'd 14sec timeslip & the headaches.

Quick Reply: Northstar performance mods?