Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Drive train hesitation under light throttle

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drive train hesitation under light throttle

['04 CTS-V, 30K miles] Has anyone experienced a mechanical hesitation while under very light throttle? No engine diagnostics (or visible or audible engine sounds changes), no gage changes, lasts no more than 1 second. Feels like complete loss of all mechanical power and then it's fully restored just as quickly. Slight low thud sound at beginning and end. Dealer replaced rubber couplings on rear end but no change. Passengers think it's me that's the idiot who doesn't know how to drive, but this has happened for other drivers of my car including the dealer service rep. Could this be a mechanical coupling slipping in & out? A bad sensor telling something to move? Any ideas???
Old 08-30-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

combo of shitty diff, 2 piece drive shaft, poorly designed suspension, and the dual mass flywheel,.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best analogy I have is if you're in 3rd gear running 40mph downhill (negative engine load at realtively high rpm) and you rapidly alternate no throttle to very slight throttle. That will cause a sensation of mechanical engagement and disengagement in any car, but particularly one with high torque (or a loose design). That's similar to what I feel, only it still happens under a steady but light load uphill, and only happens once at a time. Sometimes. Maybe you're right, though. Another theory that's been given to me is dirty MAF from my K&N...I'm going to clean that & see if it helps.