Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help finding a Battery for the V???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help finding a Battery for the V???

Anybody No what size battery our cars require??? mine is just about shot, and i cant find the size for it anywhere I already tried autozone and advance, and another local.. I was wondering if anyone had an Optima and if so do you know the size, all i have seen locally is a 75 and 78 not sure which would fit
Old 02-01-2007, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BaddillaK
Anybody No what size battery our cars require??? mine is just about shot, and i cant find the size for it anywhere I already tried autozone and advance, and another local.. I was wondering if anyone had an Optima and if so do you know the size, all i have seen locally is a 75 and 78 not sure which would fit
To answer you question. Dont.

Call road side assistance hopefully you are under warranty.

They give you a free battery and installation

Goodluck
Old 02-02-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

the optimas will fit...HOWEVER the + post on the battery will push into the hood, some people have had luck with cutting the post down some, but if you go too far you start cutting into the core..then you can throw the battery away....the one guy that had an optima in, w/out cutting the post did'nt realize it made the hood bulge slightly for about 6 months...so it's not a huge deal...being an 04' your prolly not under warranty, but your best bet is to just go to the dealer...I cant remember the group size, but it's an oddball.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your right Nikon.... i went purchased a Optima and thats what it did, and i really didnt feel comfortable with that.... the only other option was the dealer so thats whats in it now, at least it has 3 year free replacement
Old 02-03-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ I wish there was a way around it...my cars had 3 or 4 warranty batteries...only 1 since I owned it...but regardless...I'd much rather use an optima...oh well, you can't win em all.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^ i was thinking hard about trying to route it in the trunk but kinda needed it could really wait days/weeks to get it done but i might still see about it when i have some spare time
Old 02-15-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is from the CTS forum:

The stock battery is a 690 cca ACDelco in a fairly new group size: 101. Not many places carry a group 101 battery, and those I found were pretty pricey. Now, it turns out that a group 101 is almost exactly the same width and length as a group 78 battery, and about a half-inch shorter. In the cts, incidentally, it sits on a battery tray that's at least that thick.

Solution: Wal-Mart MAXX group 78N. 900 cca. Warranted free replacement for 3 years, prorated replacement for years 4-9. Top of the group 78 ratings at Consumer Reports, and a best buy. Paid all of $68 + tax.

Last edited by heavymetals; 02-16-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Help finding a Battery for the V???