Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I love my caddy but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my caddy but...

This is just stupid

The other day my friend discovered that the "oh ****" handle in the back seat behind the passenger seat was half way detached from the roof of the car, this really pissed me off, but whats worse, is when we tried to put it back in so it wasnt just hanging there before it went to the dealership, the other side popped off too. So I take it to the dealership, its fixed, I leave, 2 days later, I have a shirt I picked up for my dad hanging on the other oh **** handle(the one behind the drivers side) and that one came off completely to!

This 3 weeks after the front undercover underneath my car came off while driving....

this happen to anyone else?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Maxis
This is just stupid

The other day my friend discovered that the "oh ****" handle in the back seat behind the passenger seat was half way detached from the roof of the car, this really pissed me off, but whats worse, is when we tried to put it back in so it wasnt just hanging there before it went to the dealership, the other side popped off too. So I take it to the dealership, its fixed, I leave, 2 days later, I have a shirt I picked up for my dad hanging on the other oh **** handle(the one behind the drivers side) and that one came off completely to!

This 3 weeks after the front undercover underneath my car came off while driving....

this happen to anyone else?
The plastic rivets (or whatever) pulled out of my "undercover" too. The hood started shaking, and I thought the world was going to come to an end. Of course, I was going 165mph when it happened. I used bolts and washers to prevent that little problem from happening again.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another common problem are the rear ('C' Pillar) sail panels. They will come loose at around 100 mph if you have any windows open.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

How is a Caddy falling apart..they are supposed to be top-notch. My 1990 is an older model, but it's sharp and has some good stuff in it.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Launching!

It has nothing to do with it being a Caddy.....GM cars are held together by friction clips and push fasteners. It's nice when you're trying to disassemble stuff, but sucks when it inadvertently comes apart.