Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V Alarm

I got a stupid question, does the V come stock with an alarm? Went to one dealer told me I had to leave the car for at least a week to get the alarm working but I needed the car then, went to another dealer later and they told me the car did not have an alarm. Does anyone know the truth?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:18 AM

the car has a factory alarm that will go off when the doors are manually unlocked from inside. your key also has a chip in it which will identify with the car and wont start if its not the correct key. plus thier is always On-Star if its stolen.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:22 AM

how do you like your short throw? i want one but havent heard much about them.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

I've heard the b&m with uuc bushings is a good way to go. You can pick up the shifter for about $185 on ebay and then I think its another $30 or 40 for the bushings from lindsay cadillac
Old 04-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Cool

Originally Posted by idoitforv
I got a stupid question, does the V come stock with an alarm? Went to one dealer told me I had to leave the car for at least a week to get the alarm working but I needed the car then, went to another dealer later and they told me the car did not have an alarm. Does anyone know the truth?
Early '05's (I have one) for some reason, did not come with the alarm programmed from the factory. You have to go to the dealer and have it done. They all know (or should know) of this problem. The cars do indeed have alarms - I took mine to my dealer and they programmed it to work within minutes, not days. And there is no charge. Don't let them bamboozle you - take it to another dealer if necessary.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Yea I thought I remembered reading something on cadillacfaq about it but anyways Ill make sure to go to another dealer to get this fixed. Oh and the prices that blown gave are about right, install took about 2 hours and was a great change, very percise and less rubbery. Only problem I find is that sometimes when the shifter is very hot or very cold its harder to get into 1st or reverse.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Alarm