Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

DOT is finally investigating the differential problem with CTS and CTS-Vs

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright. I really love this car, but i don't know about this. I will have to sleep on it I guess. I don't plan on racing the car. Sure I'll open it up from time to time, but I'll try to stay away from getting into it from a dig. I'll have to invest in these kits everyone is getting to help reduce the occurence of this problem.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Just don't drive your V like a jack *** and it will last. I have almost 99K on mine. Yes, I open her up every once in a wile, and have even had a couple wheel hops
Old 03-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92nsx
Just don't drive your V like a jack *** and it will last. I have almost 99K on mine. Yes, I open her up every once in a wile, and have even had a couple wheel hops
THE 1ST GEN HAS A REAR THAT HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED TO BE WEAK AND UNDER-ENGINEERED.

EVERYONE I know or has spoken to has had to replace their rear in their V.
Saying they drive like a "jack ***" makes you look like a jack ***.

Now, I could say that you probably drive like *****.
But, then I'd be stooping to your level, and I won't do that.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92nsx
GM, man up to your own **** up's!!!:
I agree. It breaks my heart that I'm not driving a V right now because GM did not fix this KNOWN issue.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TT C6
I know a few including myself that have never replaced a rear end. I'm constantly on mine although I do avoid the wheel hop. But it's happened from time to time.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Stocker in mine too KOW.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TT C6
THE 1ST GEN HAS A REAR THAT HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED TO BE WEAK AND UNDER-ENGINEERED.

Saying they drive like a "jack ***" makes you look like a jack ***.

Now, I could say that you probably drive like *****.
But, then I'd be stooping to your level, and I won't do that.
"Jack ***" more intends to the manner in witch you are driving the V not what the driver looks like. We drive Cadillac's here not Honda's or some other riced out car, and all should have grown up by now. Yes we / I can still have fun but JD03Cobra said it best so I will just post what he said.
Originally Posted by JD03Cobra
I know a few including myself that have never replaced a rear end. I'm constantly on mine although I do avoid the wheel hop. But it's happened from time to time.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

While I do not own a CTSV, I am following the thread. Please inform me if you can, what rear axle Caddy intends to use in the new 550 HP supercharged V.
Please do not tell me the GTO rear end. Caddy should, indeed, must install a Dana 44 to hold the extra power.

Does anyone have any info regarding this??
Old 04-13-2009, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rednari
While I do not own a CTSV, I am following the thread. Please inform me if you can, what rear axle Caddy intends to use in the new 550 HP supercharged V.
Please do not tell me the GTO rear end. Caddy should, indeed, must install a Dana 44 to hold the extra power.

Does anyone have any info regarding this??
Totally new Rear End - No Wheel Hop, Its been talked about Retro Fitting to a First Gen V - But im sure the Cost would be Crazy.

I've never Replaced the Rear in my Car - I just dont get on it from the Dig - Wait till your in 2nd!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Banned

the 04-05 rears are 6cyl rears they hoped would work with the frankestiening of the first 2 yr production cts-v's.
the issue was addressed in modle years 06-07 as well as the trans and strut tower brace being upgraded along with the more robust ls2.
the only people with gripes are the 04-05 crowd, i for one hammer the pith out of my car and only had cradle bushing issues.
the lesson to be learned ONCE AGAIN, never, and i mean never buy 1st run production vehicals.

final note:
i have the worlds only single turbo cts-v putting down over 490 rwtq and all driveline componants are completly stock. again, no issues with the 06 modle.
and yes if violent wheel hop occures i let off the gas pronto as it's a moot point to try and drive through it.
use your heads for something other than to grow hair on and you'll be okay.

Last edited by PsiHigh; 04-23-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PsiHigh
the 04-05 rears are 6cyl rears they hoped would work with the frankestiening of the first 2 yr production cts-v's.
the issue was addressed in modle years 06-07 as well as the trans and strut tower brace being upgraded along with the more robust ls2.
the only people with gripes are the 04-05 crowd, i for one hammer the pith out of my car and only had cradle bushing issues.
the lesson to be learned ONCE AGAIN, never, and i mean never buy 1st run production vehicals.

final note:
i have the worlds only single turbo cts-v putting down over 490 rwtq and all driveline componants are completly stock. again, no issues with the 06 modle.
and yes if violent wheel hop occures i let off the gas pronto as it's a moot point to try and drive through it.
use your heads for something other than to grow hair on and you'll be okay.
You are overstating the durability of the revised rear-end offered in the '06 and '07 Vs. One day soon you will return with a post professing my brilliance and keen sense of prediciting future events. The rear-end, including the '06-'07 revision, are not tolerable of even 400BHP when driven in a fashion advertised by Cadillac Marketing, thus they are unwilling to stand behind their POS product and blame driver aggressiveness for its failure.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

hmmm? you have a very good point swammie.
when you're right you're right. and you are right.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TopV
hmmm? you have a very good point swammie.
when you're right you're right. and you are right.

Only looking at for you my brudda, as given your understated status of having the most unique and coveted (sorry for getting Biblical on you) V (that be V1 or V2) in the whole fawking universe, I would hate for you to have a mishap due to your overconfidence in our glassjaw rears. Mine grenanded easily on a 6,500 1-2 shift, yours will too, be careful as we do not want to give the haterz any more ammo, as we know they need it.
Ride her hard, put her up wet!!!
If I were King, of anything other than the sh!tter in the Master Suite, I would give all V owners the Madman rear as reward for being screwed by The General.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Has anyone tried to speak to Obama about our rearend issues?? He could just tell GM they have to retrofit the 09 rear into our cars and let the taxpayers pick up the tab!!
Old 05-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Banned

they should make the rear axles out of the leg bone of a pronghorn antelope,
allthough they are small compared to buffalo bone they are 20x as lite and 200x as strong. that's all i have to say. uhg!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLACK CAR
Has anyone tried to speak to Obama about our rearend issues?? He could just tell GM they have to retrofit the 09 rear into our cars and let the taxpayers pick up the tab!!
You, my fellow V owner, are a fawking genius!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

given your understated status of having the most unique and coveted V
I'm not familiar with it. Was it Chefs?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Launching!

I think he found the answer! Obummer!

Originally Posted by BLACK CAR
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

I Love this car. However this problem is real and with all the GM cars I have and have owned I can not believe they allowed these cars to leave with this suck a** rearend. I have very little done to the car so far and a 1-2 shift at 5500 blew the rearend and no I am not talking about a little crack. I am talking about the front of the dif breaking off and one of the back mounts breaking completly off. Crazy and since we do Magna chargers I want to put one on. However if it can not handle stock horse power what am I to do? and this is with the BMR front support. I am sure Madman's replacement is good but the price and then to ship it there and back? I have a 79 twin turbo Vette with a Tom's Dif setup and I was able to install at our shop and was about half that. For the newer Vettes they make support brackets to strengthen the case, does anyone do that for this housing. I need help and I want to keep the car. Any suggestions please.

Jimmi
Old 07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
mlr
Staging Lane

yep rear sucks bottom line

Quick Reply: DOT is finally investigating the differential problem with CTS and CTS-Vs