Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

gmpartsdirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007 | 08:53 AM
Teching In

Default gmpartsdirect.com

anyone bought anything from them? how reliable are they? i may be buying 4g's worth of parts from them. would like to get your peoples reviews before i do.

thanks in advance
Old 07-18-2007 | 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Reliable, but shipping costs are very high
Old 07-18-2007 | 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

I've got stuff on order from them right now. I've heard from some that they take forever to ship their "special order items." We will see...I'll post up my experience when I finally get my ****.
Old 07-18-2007 | 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GReddyT88
anyone bought anything from them? how reliable are they? i may be buying 4g's worth of parts from them. would like to get your peoples reviews before i do.

thanks in advance

Shop the parts, usually you come out ahead, sometimes their shipping kills the savings depending on item cost. All in all, never any problems, I've ordered thousands from them.
Old 07-18-2007 | 10:27 AM
Teching In

this is off there FAQ.

Why does shipping and handling fee seem so high?

Gmpartsdirect.com sells parts near published dealer cost plus a percentage for a shipping and handling fee. This fee is not actual shipping charges only.

The shipping and handling pays for the shipping charges plus our other expenses like web programming, employees, etc. Another way to explain this is, we are selling you the part near published dealer cost, the shipping, and handling pays all of our expenses associated with running the web site. The amount left over after our expense is our profit.

Keep in mind our overall price is a tremendous savings over retail price and in most cases is even cheaper than dealer wholesale shipped to your door step, and without leaving the convenience of the Mouse. Compare the overall price delivered to your door.

(In some cases our site may misprice parts. If you feel the pricing is incorrect please email us and we will glady check on the part number in question)

Lets see how much shipping will be now. I'm right around the 4K mark w/out shipping which is 500 less quoted by a Caddy dealer.
Old 07-18-2007 | 10:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Shop the parts, usually you come out ahead, sometimes their shipping kills the savings depending on item cost. All in all, never any problems, I've ordered thousands from them.

Where are they located? And did you feel comfortable shoppin' w/out every bein able to talk to them on the phone?
Old 07-18-2007 | 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GReddyT88
Where are they located? And did you feel comfortable shoppin' w/out every bein able to talk to them on the phone?

It's actually Flow Chevrolet, Winston-Salem NC if I remember. Yes, as long as you ARE POSITIVE your part numbers are correct, I've NEVER had a problem.