Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Threw Codes - Now Need to Locate

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Threw Codes - Now Need to Locate

Threw a few codes - I haven't had a chance to even go into it and dig a bit cuz I'm Mr. Mom with 3 kids at the time being and need to get er done...

PO120 - TP system perfomance
P2120 - accelerator pedal position sensor 1 circuit
P2121 - accelerator pedal position sensor 1 performance

where are these found for repair?

thx,
Chef
Old 08-28-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have an aftermarket throttlebody? if so, it could be that the blade is sticking when closed just a little bit. You just have to move the set screw open a little.

Also there are Tables in the pcm that you have to correct for your MASSIVE amount of air you are flowing.

Send me the tune and i will go thru it for you and make all the needed changes for it not to happen again.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I found it with the help of some caddy goers...

DTC P2121
Circuit Description
The accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor is mounted on the accelerator pedal assembly. The sensor is actually 3 individual APP sensors within 1 housing. Three separate signal, low reference and 5-volt reference circuits connect the APP sensor assembly to the throttle actuator control (TAC) module. Each sensor has a unique functionality. The APP sensor 1 signal is pulled up to the reference voltage as the accelerator pedal is depressed, from below 1 volt at 0 percent pedal travel, with the pedal at rest. To above 2 volts at 100 percent pedal travel, with the pedal fully depressed. The APP sensor 2 signal is pulled down to the low reference from above 4 volts at 0 percent pedal travel to below 2.9 volts at 100 percent pedal travel. The APP sensor 3 signal is pulled down to low reference from above 3.8 volts at 0 percent pedal travel to below 3.1 volts at 100 percent pedal travel. TP sensor 1 and APP sensor 1 share a 5 volt reference circuit that is connected within the TAC module. TP sensor 2 and APP sensor 2 share a 5-volt reference circuit that is connected within the TAC module. If only 1 APP sensor DTC is set, the redundant APP systems allow the TAC system to continue operating normally. One APP sensor DTC will not cause the Reduced Engine Power message to be displayed. Two APP sensor DTCs for the same sensor also will not cause the Reduced Engine Power message to be displayed. If an out of range condition is detected with the APP sensors, DTC 2121 sets.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
APP sensor 1 disagrees with APP sensor 2 by more than 10.5 percent and APP sensor 1 disagrees with APP sensor 3 by more than 13 percent.
All of the above conditions are present for less than 1 second.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The control module stores the DTC information into memory when the diagnostic runs and fails.
The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Failure Records.
If one or more APP sensor DTCs are set for a single APP sensor, the following occurs:
The control module will not command Reduced Engine Power mode.
The control module will use the remaining two APP sensors to calculate throttle response.
If certain multiple APP sensor DTCs are set for more than one APP sensor, the following occurs:
The control module commands Reduced Engine Power mode.
The APP indicated angle is limited to a predetermined value to limit the amount of throttle control.
The message center displays Reduced Engine Power.
If all three APP sensors are out of range, the following occurs:
The control module commands Reduced Engine Power mode.
The APP indicated angle is limited to 0 percent. The control module only allows the engine to idle.
The message center displays Reduced Engine Power.

Diagnostic Aids
Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. When water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs could be set with no DTC circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.
When the TAC module detects throttle movement with a DTC P2120 set, a DTC P2121 also sets.
When the TAC module detects a condition within the TAC system, more than 1 TAC system related DTC may set. This is due to the many redundant tests that run continuously on this system. Locating and repairing 1 individual condition may correct more than 1 DTC. Disconnecting components during testing may set additional DTCs. Keep this in mind when reviewing the Capture Info.
For an intermittent, refer to Intermittent Conditions .

TAC MODULE IS LOCATED IN THE ENGINE compartment under the fuse box....

Quick Reply: Threw Codes - Now Need to Locate