Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Complete Stereo Upgrade (Bose Gone)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007 | 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Talking Complete Stereo Upgrade (Bose Gone)

Well, stereo upgrade is almost complete. Posting a link to the DIY forum that all the pics are on. I'm updating all the time as the car is still in Austin.

Hopefully for some of you that might want to upgrade this may give you some ideas.

Link: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=17514

Shane
Old 10-26-2007 | 09:14 AM
dmp
Teching In

that is AMAZING! Very well done! There are two things I don't like about the CTSV - the rear blinkers aren't 'amber', and it's got BOSE.
Old 10-26-2007 | 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ if the rear blinkers aren't amber, what color are they?? yellow I guess?

stereo is lookin good man.....way too much work for me.
Old 10-26-2007 | 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dmp
that is AMAZING! Very well done! There are two things I don't like about the CTSV - the rear blinkers aren't 'amber', and it's got BOSE.

What is wrong with BOSE? I think the factory stereo is pretty good IMHO.

I prefer the sound of the exhaust note and procharger
Old 10-26-2007 | 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you lose your Driver Modes?
Old 10-26-2007 | 12:50 PM
dmp
Teching In

Originally Posted by nikon
^^ if the rear blinkers aren't amber, what color are they?? yellow I guess?
I think they are red on the CTS.
Old 10-26-2007 | 12:51 PM
dmp
Teching In

Originally Posted by Next Phase
What is wrong with BOSE? I think the factory stereo is pretty good IMHO.
It's been said (and I agree with) "No Highs, no Lows, must be Bose"

The BOSE system (at least on my car) makes upgrading the audio a pain in the ****. I have the non-bose option and was able to install an amp, separates, and subs very easily.
Old 10-26-2007 | 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=dmp;8015265]It's been said (and I agree with) "No Highs, no Lows, must be Bose"

QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying.... the Bose system in my Acura is a lot better especially with a seperate sub. I just don't think it is all that bad. Better than most especially compared to my C5 vert bose system.
Old 10-26-2007 | 03:53 PM
On The Tree

I'm sorry..but the Bose system in our cars is absolute junk. My wife is a marketing director for four dealerships and drives every demo known to man. The Tahoe she's driving right now has a factory Bose that "blows" away the system in the "V". Our XM is the most pitiful sounding thing I have ever heard. I know the upgrade I did isn't for everyone.................but there is a night and day difference between what I have now and the "upgraded Bose" I had before.

I did loose some of the driver's functions that the factory NAV has. I've currently disassembled the factory NAV and will probably have most of those features working again soon. To me though...............loosing outside temp, fuel range in miles.....etc wasn't that big of a deal. My onstar and everything else still works fine. The blackbird NAV in the Alpine along with Sirius, IPOD direct and HD radio far exceed what I lost.

And yes the sound of my B&B is very good also.

Shane
Old 10-27-2007 | 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, your just too much of an audiophile because I agree the bose sounds just fine to me...just enough bass highs/mids It's perfect, I'll prolly never screw with it.......

and I don't think the reg cts has any different taillights....all the cts blinkers are amber.
Old 10-27-2007 | 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the volume of the V is decent for a factory system, bass is just okay, and mid/high range or average for factory. Im an audiophile and would change all in a heart beat, I just like factory intergration and looks as opposed to aftermarket.
Old 10-29-2007 | 11:40 PM
Teching In

You can simply swap out the factory speakers for aftermarket and have a night and day change in sound (especially if you throw some sound deadening on the sheetmetal while you're at it).

The factory Bose speakers are marginally better than a glorified paperweight (actually, they are light and frail I think a strong gust would blow them away before the paper they were sitting on
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssmith100
I'm sorry..but the Bose system in our cars is absolute junk. My wife is a marketing director for four dealerships and drives every demo known to man. The Tahoe she's driving right now has a factory Bose that "blows" away the system in the "V". Our XM is the most pitiful sounding thing I have ever heard. I know the upgrade I did isn't for everyone.................but there is a night and day difference between what I have now and the "upgraded Bose" I had before.

I did loose some of the driver's functions that the factory NAV has. I've currently disassembled the factory NAV and will probably have most of those features working again soon. To me though...............loosing outside temp, fuel range in miles.....etc wasn't that big of a deal. My onstar and everything else still works fine. The blackbird NAV in the Alpine along with Sirius, IPOD direct and HD radio far exceed what I lost.

And yes the sound of my B&B is very good also.

Shane
Of course the STOCK stereo blows ***! I have the exact set up in my Z06 that you just installed! It was night and day compared to stock!
Next Question: Can you turn off your SCS/TCS? Or is it off all the time?
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Yes, you can still turn everything off. When you need to go to comp mode all the factory NAV screen does is give you verification that your done "hit okay button" (it's already in Comp mode) I've tested and it works fine.

Shane
Old 10-30-2007 | 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Interesting, good to know! Thanks man

-Adam

Quick Reply: Complete Stereo Upgrade (Bose Gone)