Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2005 CTS-V - Exhaust feedback

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007 | 04:16 PM
Teching In

Default 2005 CTS-V - Exhaust feedback

Hi, I'd like some feedback on your past experiences. Is there anyone who left the stock exhaust intact, and replaced the mufflers with straight pipes? Also, is there anyone who left the exhaust intact, and replaced only the resonator with a x-pipe? What were your experiences on sound? I'm not really looking for added performance, I live in Northern Va, and I'm lucky if I have room on the roads to hit 60 mph now and then. Thanks
Old 11-08-2007 | 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not familliar with anyone that has swapped in an X-pipe on a stcok exhaust. I'm sure someone has though. Perhaps they'll chime in.

Another alternative to consider, if all you want is a sound change, with the least PIA factor, is to swap out your OEM cats with Random Tech direct replacement cats. You will gain a few HP, drop some wieght, and not have the exhaust leak issues that you get with a cat back. RT Cats really deepens the overall note of the car. Pricewise they run about $700, so they are comparible approximately in prive with the least expensive cat back (the magnaflow).

You might just want to go right to headers. The mod slipery slope eventually deposits you at their door anyway.

Good luck,

Chris
Old 11-08-2007 | 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by mooreman6
Hi, I'd like some feedback on your past experiences. Is there anyone who left the stock exhaust intact, and replaced the mufflers with straight pipes? Also, is there anyone who left the exhaust intact, and replaced only the resonator with a x-pipe? What were your experiences on sound? I'm not really looking for added performance, I live in Northern Va, and I'm lucky if I have room on the roads to hit 60 mph now and then. Thanks
Where about it No Va. I live in No VA also in Ashburn and am continuing to mod my 06 V. Headers is on the list next.

Thanks,
Old 11-09-2007 | 08:53 AM
Teching In

I live in Ashburn also. I live in Belmont CC. Just got my CTS-V a month ago. I'm still trying to get used to the erratic idle
Old 11-09-2007 | 08:59 AM

I am next to Broad Run HS. Give me shout at work 703-833-8734 - maybe we can talk shop.

I am new to CTS-V game.
Old 11-26-2007 | 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Default cts-v exhaust

I've got the totally intact stock exhaust w/ the resonator removed and an H-pipe put in. No change in volume in the cab, but quite deeper outside the cab. Am I satisfied...no, I'd like more, but until I decide on a full catback, it does sound good in parking decks!!
Old 12-02-2007 | 02:12 PM
Teching In

I recently installed the magnaflow and I'm pretty happy. Search around and you can usually find it at a reasonable price. Most of your local muffler shops can acquire it for $500's.

I listened to some of the exhaust sounds on You Tube.

Quick Reply: 2005 CTS-V - Exhaust feedback