Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Bushing issues - wear and noise???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Default Bushing issues - wear and noise???

Anybody having the same suspension bushing issues I am with noise and wear? Also, how about your motor and trans mounts? Every 3-4 months I have these suspension creaks that are annoying and embarassing - especially if I have customers in the car.

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2007 | 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RocketSSled
Anybody having the same suspension bushing issues I am with noise and wear? Also, how about your motor and trans mounts? Every 3-4 months I have these suspension creaks that are annoying and embarassing - especially if I have customers in the car.

Thanks.
If you are creaking that much, you either have an '06/'07 that has the 'upgraded' rear cradle bushings, or you have an '04/'05 that has the Caddy TSB cradle bushing installed. The TSB bushings are TOTAL CRAP. They don;t do anyting for the wheel hop, and are loud as all hell. Get them removed if you have an '04/'05.

I'm on my thrid set of motor mounts at 62K miles. I haven;t had to change my tranny mount yest (although I did get a new tranny at 42k miles, so it may have been swapped out them). UUC Motorwerks is supposed to have poly/high durometer Engine and Tranny mounts out by the end of Dec. Defintaly look into those.

Hopefully UUC will also finish up the front differential bushing they are working on. That will help significantly with the 'clunk'.

Good luck.

-Chris
Old 12-17-2007 | 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Chris.

What is a TSB bushing? Is this the manufacturer?

I had my '05 V in today at the dealer where they lubed the bushings (again for the 3rd time in 31K miles) and replaced another engine mount.

Thanks for the info on alternative mounts the next time I need a repair. It seems that my engine mounts only last me between 10 to 15 K miles.
Old 12-18-2007 | 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RocketSSled
Thanks Chris.

What is a TSB bushing? Is this the manufacturer?

I had my '05 V in today at the dealer where they lubed the bushings (again for the 3rd time in 31K miles) and replaced another engine mount.

Thanks for the info on alternative mounts the next time I need a repair. It seems that my engine mounts only last me between 10 to 15 K miles.
In response to all the complaints about excessive wheel hop, GM created their own rear cradle bushing inserts, to help stabilize the rear craddle some, and prevent a bit of wheelhop. They released them via a Techincal Service Bulletin (TSB), thus they are generally refered to as the 'TSB Bushings' (even though they are not bushings). In typical GM style, they way under engineered them. They don't really help (at all) the wheel hop. About the only thing they do is make the car sound like a 1984 Tempo, squeeking and creaking to high hell.

I would go to your dealer, and ask them if you have the 'TSB Bushings'. If so, have them removed for excessive noise, and don't look back.

Take a look on the FAQ (www.cadillacfaq.com) for info on the actual TSB to reference to your dealer.

Good luck.

-Chris

Quick Reply: Bushing issues - wear and noise???