Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

cts-v: buying extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cts-v: buying extended warranty?

I still have not decided to get a cts-v or the gto. I would love to get the V, but worried about the diff problem. The car I have been looking at is a 05 with 20k miles for $25,000, but the warranty is up in 7 months. Here is my question. Can I walk into a gm/cadillac dealer and buy a extended warranty for this car, If I buy from a private party? How much would this cost? I was told I would get extended warranty stuff mailed to me to purchase, If i did buy the car. Is this true? Or I could do a aftermarket warranty also, has anybody gone this route?
What cost? If I buy a gto, I could buy one certified, warrantied till 2012/100k, 2k miles for same price. But would rather have the V. Thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69fbird
I still have not decided to get a cts-v or the gto. I would love to get the V, but worried about the diff problem. The car I have been looking at is a 05 with 20k miles for $25,000, but the warranty is up in 7 months. Here is my question. Can I walk into a gm/cadillac dealer and buy a extended warranty for this car, If I buy from a private party? How much would this cost? I was told I would get extended warranty stuff mailed to me to purchase, If i did buy the car. Is this true? Or I could do a aftermarket warranty also, has anybody gone this route?
What cost? If I buy a gto, I could buy one certified, warrantied till 2012/100k, 2k miles for same price. But would rather have the V. Thanks
Good price for the CTS-V. I have an '05 with 38k miles on it and ONLY diff problem was a leaky pinion seal and it was replaced under warranty. No leaks since. If the car is at a cadillac dealership they will be able to certify it with a 100k warranty if you ask, though they might ask for another $1500.

go here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...y-here-48.html and submit the VIN of the CTS-V that you want to buy and ask for a service history so you can see if that particular car has had any recurring issues in its past. You will have to become a supporting member of www.cadillacforums.com to get the info, but its only $5 a month and WELL worth it.

www.cadillacextendedwarranty.com
You can get for example a 4yr 48k mile warranty extension for about $2k. The prices can range for different mileage and deductibles.

In my opinion, GTOs are . They look like compared to a V.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:23 PM

Thats the problem, the car is not at a dealership, its a private party. I cant see paying the extra money, when i could just buy the certified gto with 2k miles. I have not talked to the V seller yet about the price, maybe they will come down a little. My credit union uses a aftermarket warranty company that could add 7 years/125,000 miles, but have not received the quote yet. thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69fbird
Thats the problem, the car is not at a dealership, its a private party. I cant see paying the extra money, when i could just buy the certified gto with 2k miles. I have not talked to the V seller yet about the price, maybe they will come down a little. My credit union uses a aftermarket warranty company that could add 7 years/125,000 miles, but have not received the quote yet. thanks
Have you driven both cars? I think that is a necessity before you make your decision. I would check with your local Cadillac dealer about whatever aftermarket warranty company you are considering to see if they've had any experience (good or bad) with them in particular. Actually I don't know if they'll give you a straight answer or try to sell you on a GMPP, so you should call James at Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA. They will definitely give you a straight answer. Good Luck.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

I thought all cts-v came with a 5yr/50,000 mile warrenty
Old 03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idoitforv
I thought all cts-v came with a 5yr/50,000 mile warrenty
4 yr i think
Old 03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

If the factory GM warranty is not expired you can still purchase a GMPP warranty from the dealer. I did this with my TA. GMPP usually coveres almost everything the factory one does. Hell i had 3 rear diffs put in my TA under the GMPP warranty.
Josh

Quick Reply: cts-v: buying extended warranty?