Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

who's got BMR rear suspension stuff on thier CTS-V? I need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default who's got BMR rear suspension stuff on thier CTS-V? I need help

OK..bought all of this used on the cadillac forum. On the wheel hop kit BMR says I'm supposed to have two smaller (equal to metal ones) poly bushings, two larger poly ones, two metal cups, two metal spacers/bushings. I did not get the smaller poly bushing, but did get an extra pair of metal bushing/spacers.

Q: does this work in replacement or did I simply not get the right thing?

Also, I'm missing a bolt for the pinion support, but the other 3 are allen heads where BMR shows 4 Hex heads that I suppose are lengthened to allow for the space of the new support.

Q: If someone is willing, would somebody give me the parts & hardware list of what SHOULD have come with these three items from BMR?

Here's what I actually rec'd: 2 trailing arms, 1 wheel hop bar, pinion support, 3 hex head bolts for pinion support, 2 3inch'ish bolts w/ washers, 1 large bolt w/ washer for pinion support

I've got to figure this out as BMR wants $200 for just those four poly bushings...of which I'm missing two of them!

This was sold as a complete kit.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Damn... sounds like you got shorted.

Have you looked at the BMR Website? They have install instructions up there and you can identify what is missing from there.

I recently did the pinion support and I think it came with 4 allen head bolts as well as the big bolt. I know they are allen head... and pretty sure it was 4 of them.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHarris
Damn... sounds like you got shorted.

Have you looked at the BMR Website? They have install instructions up there and you can identify what is missing from there.

I recently did the pinion support and I think it came with 4 allen head bolts as well as the big bolt. I know they are allen head... and pretty sure it was 4 of them.
OK, that is helpful. At least I know the allen heads are correct. The BMR site shows what comes w/ the wheel hop kit, but nothing else really.

I'm still concerned about the missing poly bushings.

Quick Reply: who's got BMR rear suspension stuff on thier CTS-V? I need help