Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V vs SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest I think my jeep blows ***, its just, not a chevy!!! BUT I can do a 0-60 under 4 seconds, Brembos, Bilsteins, AMG Transmission. Any other questions?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Dude, we have a SRT8 in the shop right now with the new TVS 2300 blower on it...SICK.
That blower is so quiet...not to mention it is almost undriveable with the instantaneous boost.
On a 426 the thing is making 640 at the wheels, through the automatic 5 speed...on 8 psi.

So.....wanna race? Bring it dawg, ultimate battle of the 4 door beasts!
Sounds damn nice!!!
I need a 2300, you have the hook-ups, sell Magnuson on a project car with data logs and temperature testing, I am your guinea pig. Last time you guys got me a discount, it was like 60% off, lets shoot for that.
Call me with the good news!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Dude, we have a SRT8 in the shop right now with the new TVS 2300 blower on it...SICK.
That blower is so quiet...not to mention it is almost undriveable with the instantaneous boost.
On a 426 the thing is making 640 at the wheels, through the automatic 5 speed...on 8 psi.

So.....wanna race? Bring it dawg, ultimate battle of the 4 door beasts!

Might be down to South Florida in the near future
Old 06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skydiver
Hope you bring your V, if so, we can meet up.
DiabloSport is in Boynton Beach, and most of us live in Broward County.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Hope you bring your V, if so, we can meet up.
DiabloSport is in Boynton Beach, and most of us live in Broward County.
Will be bringin the V, Let you know when so we can meet up,

Thanks for the invitation
Old 06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Skydiver,
Check your PMs, thanks.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by skydiver
809 rwhp??
Holy halfshafts Batman....

That thing must be a monster, I'll have to check that thing out when you come down.

Thanks
Mike
Old 06-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

wow skydiver that car is 1 bad caddy for real. would love to check it out some time.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by trukk
I guess now he's into blowing storm troopers.

Been hanging around dannystang too much I guess.

-Chris

Whatever hillbilly beotch.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
To be honest I think my jeep blows ***, its just, not a chevy!!! BUT I can do a 0-60 under 4 seconds, Brembos, Bilsteins, AMG Transmission. Any other questions?

Yeah,...hows that trasnfer case holding up jeep boy?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Yeah,...hows that trasnfer case holding up jeep boy?
I can't break it, how is your V Diff holding up! I try so hard to take advantage of my warranty and Its been 13k and I still haven't broke anything. I am about to trade this pieceoshit jeep in for the new V. Then once I do some work to my new V, I will be a V-series tech. Thats a nice upgrade from jeep boy. Maybe I will buy 2 old V's....
Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

I also have beaten up on a ("stock" I'm guessing no super charger noise) Red, SRT-8 Chanrger with my 04 V. I'm guessing it was something like a 04-06 somewhere around there. We just went for it at a stop light. We ran them up to around 100 or so. The best part he had a female passenger, and I'm guessing he was talking his charger all up before the light turned green. Come to find out out that he got schooled by a caddy.

Last edited by 92nsx; 06-09-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

skydiver, that sounds like a badass v you have there!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Went to have lunch with my wife about 1 hour ago, and just whooped another Charger SRT-8. Sad thing is, I gave him the go, and granny shifted, and I still walked him good. lol. My wife even said, "what a waste of gas, I thought it would have been a better race". lol
Old 06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whatever hillbilly beotch.

-Chris
Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Teching In

i ran a magnum SRT8 a month or so ago....both our cars with bolt ons dynoed within 10hp of each other him at 400 me at 390.....to close to call up to 110,,,then the V just walked away easily......cool cars, good potential, but way overated in my book
Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

over rated maybe a little, but again a 400 horse, 6-speed, a killer looking grill, and able to go 155+ (all I have done my self befor i let off) and it's a CADDY. Right on. "shake and bake" " I want to go fast"
Old 06-10-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

I can't break it, how is your V Diff holding up! I try so hard to take advantage of my warranty and Its been 13k and I still haven't broke anything. I am about to trade this pieceoshit jeep in for the new V. Then once I do some work to my new V, I will be a V-series tech. Thats a nice upgrade from jeep boy. Maybe I will buy 2 old V's....

Cool,..glad it's holding together. I've heard numerous problems with there caseing,....and being pretty much the only weak link in the vehicle...or some i'm told.

As far as "my" V diff......I don't own a V bro,...I only work on them....Hence..."V-seriesTECH".

I'll stick to two seats, thanks. I've learned a long time ago the aerodynamic flaws in the V platform vs the Y body platform.....soo,...I don't think i'll purchase a V anytime soon. I've got my STS for the four door needs.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool,..glad it's holding together. I've heard numerous problems with there caseing,....and being pretty much the only weak link in the vehicle...or some i'm told.

As far as "my" V diff......I don't own a V bro,...I only work on them....Hence..."V-seriesTECH".

I'll stick to two seats, thanks. I've learned a long time ago the aerodynamic flaws in the V platform vs the Y body platform.....soo,...I don't think i'll purchase a V anytime soon. I've got my STS for the four door needs.
True that buddy! I have a 05 STS also, its nice and pimpin.....How does the new CTS body compare to the old one? What are your thoughts on the aerodynamic changes?

I recently just learned about the 2 seat performance. I don't think I can go back anything else.....
Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

True that buddy! I have a 05 STS also, its nice and pimpin.....How does the new CTS body compare to the old one? What are your thoughts on the aerodynamic changes?

I recently just learned about the 2 seat performance. I don't think I can go back anything else.....

Honestly, I love my vette but,...now having something ELSE to drive,..makes me enjoy my two seat wonder all the more(even though the bastard ***** is underconsrtuction). Nothing like sitting on a moving sofa, lol.

The new CTs's....I gotta say, are beautiful cars,...if I can say that. I have a standing love for the "old" V's but..this new one, even the 3.6 liter direct injection, is wonderfully designed. I think the new look is sleeker,..lower appearing, and also, come with a proper stance out of the factory. And, that just the V6 version. In order (in my opinion) to make an OLD V look good, you gotta put some wild wheels on it, to give it a proper stance(the same can be said for my corvette) but,.... this new one,...looks great.

I do see several at our dealership with all kinds of wheels on them, which look great but,...I would like to see a proper 3 piece on one(haven't seen one yet).

My general manager went to a recent hummer/cadillac, where he was able to sit in the NEW V's....with the RECARO interiors,.....and he was star struck(this guy owns a C5R blocked fully built trans am with alot of upgrades)anways...he can't wait till they arrive,.... and he is ordering all of our V's with the interior upgrades.

A couple of things,...are however, hard to work on. We had a 3.6 liter, not to long ago,...we had to drop the fuel tank. What a pain in the *** that was,.... Now, the old V was kinda a pain as well, especially with the cars that had KARS cradle kits,...but,....the new ones, atleast THAT aspect, is harder to deal with. Like anything though,...it's a learning curve. They seem to be great cars,...that look sweet,...and drive like champs.

Truly lookng forward to the new arrival of our FIRST V. Can't wait.

Quick Reply: V vs SRT8