Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2 Kills! - C5 & SRT8 CHALLENGER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
what do these cars put down the the ground stock on a dyno.
Assuming 15-17% loss for a manual transmission, 336-344 horses.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1actsv
So you are putting down almost 370 at the rear wheels right? From your mods listed you have full exhaust work, CAI, and LT's. So have you gained most of your real wheel hp from your tune, or from the exhaust and tune. Either way you still picked up a difference; and you are saying that you can not tell a 30rwhp difference? Just trying to understand?
I can definitley feel the difference from the ~35 rwhp increase after installing the headers and getting tuned. I was saying with just a catback and filter you won't feel much and if you do, it's mostly in your head.

I actually pulled 321rwhp, 315rwtq right after the header install and before the tune. I was probably down 10-15 hp for the engine running rich so maybe 333 rwhp stock. The tune then took it from 321-369 rwhp.

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
what do these cars put down the the ground stock on a dyno.
The guys on HorsepowerTV pulled 327rwhp from their stock CTS-V that they then installed a maggie on. I've even seen people get lower than that stock, and I've seen some a bit higher.

Originally Posted by Cts-Voodoo
Assuming 15-17% loss for a manual transmission, 336-344 horses.
That's on the high side for our cars, as the driveline is full of rubber that seems to rob a few extra horses. 16-19% loss is a more likely range.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1actsv
So you are putting down almost 370 at the rear wheels right? From your mods listed you have full exhaust work, CAI, and LT's. So have you gained most of your real wheel hp from your tune, or from the exhaust and tune. Either way you still picked up a difference; and you are saying that you can not tell a 30rwhp difference? Just trying to understand?
he got the bulk of that power increase from the headers/tune...not the catback or his k&n. you will feel a 30+rwhp increase...he NEVER said that you can't feel that.

i'm not sure why you're having a hard time understanding the simple fact that a catback exhaust and cai are NOT going to net you big enough power to truly notice. you may feel a little better throttle response or think you're faster because you're louder, but the 4 or 5 hp you pick up will not be felt or make a difference in a race.

so in answer to your very first question...even without the filter/catback, the 2 runs this guy had would be equally as close as they were with them.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=CTSV_510;9945124]I can definitley feel the difference from the ~35 rwhp increase after installing the headers and getting tuned. I was saying with just a catback and filter you won't feel much and if you do, it's mostly in your head.

Thanks for the insight and clarification.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

typically 330ish rwh 320ish rwtq...in that ballpark is safe to assume...
higher if its a wendsday car and lower on a friday/monday car... bpllllt!
i obviously have a wendsday after 3 coffee's & lunch car. =]
Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cpe21
he got the bulk of that power increase from the headers/tune...not the catback or his k&n. you will feel a 30+rwhp increase...he NEVER said that you can't feel that.

i'm not sure why you're having a hard time understanding the simple fact that a catback exhaust and cai are NOT going to net you big enough power to truly notice. you may feel a little better throttle response or think you're faster because you're louder, but the 4 or 5 hp you pick up will not be felt or make a difference in a race.

so in answer to your very first question...even without the filter/catback, the 2 runs this guy had would be equally as close as they were with them.
He cleared it up it up for me, thanks for your input though.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Teching In

charger or challenger?
i'm just bein a dick!
Hard to believe it was an srt8. The normal hemi isn't all that fast. The srt8 is waaaay faster. Good job on that kill.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kills and yeah we have basically the same mods and in this 60 degree weather My car is revving fast as HeLL!!! I need a x pipe and tune though.

Quick Reply: 2 Kills! - C5 & SRT8 CHALLENGER!