Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2003 CTS - New To Me...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008 | 08:16 AM

Default 2003 CTS - New To Me...

Jake here. New to Cadillac by way of a "New to Me" 2003 CTS.

Long story short, I traded in my 07 Dodge Ram Hemi for a Mazda 3 a few weeks ago. I was broadsided on a local highway at night last Monday, sending me into a flat spin on a dark, wet road, from concrete barriers into wet, humidified grass, ending with a final thud against the highway fence posts, totalling the 3 week old "lease" vehicle in the process. Thanks Geico!

I'm glad to be alive and not hospitalized, with only minor sore shoulder, stiff shoulder and neck, and a few scrapes, but the insult added to the injury is that Ilost the $3K I put down on the lease, only weeks prior, due to constraints on leased vehicles and the nature of GAP insurance.

/life story off.

So, I proceeded to scour the local fliers and AutoTrader site for a sporty, reliable, and AFFORDABLE vehicle. I found what sounded like a somewhat honest used car guy, ( if such a thing exists), and when I drove over to take a look at a few Deville's he had on the lot I saw the Blue beauty resting on a ramp, high above the competition. (spiritual metaphor)

After a test drive I knew I had to have her!

Impressions of the CTS: The ride is smoother and more refined than any car I've ever owned. (Reference: I've owned Honda, Dodge cars in my youth, a Ford Mustang GT, a Ford SVT Lightning, a Scion TC, traded up to a 2007 Dodge Ram, and briefly the 2008 Mazda 3)

I was apprehensive at first due to "Blue" having 93,XXX miles on her, but after driving her and checking the Carfax for a clean bill of health I decided to take the plunge and never look back!

I will say, that after only owning her 2 days I'm an official Cadillac convert!
I'm blown away by the quality of the car, its features (specifically the customization capability of the onboard computer, steering wheel options, and the overall ease of use and of course that magical little "S" button that makes me smile like a kid!) Love that little button, really I do.

I'm having the oil changed tomorrow with a full check of all the fluids and once over to ensure hoses and other parts aren't worn to avoid any costly future repairs, if possible)

Overall I'm ecstatic to have found the car and this forum and hope to add a few things to her pending a year or two when I probably upgrade to a CTSV if possible! LOL, yeah, he's hooked!

CTS Specifics:

2003 Blue Onyx CTS

Options: Seems somewhat loaded. No moonroof though.

Mileage: 93,XXX (clean condition though. Probably alot of highway miles given the super clean nature of the car, and minor scratches on the paint)

I'd like to pick up some used CTS V wheels in chrome. Anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks in advance,

~J.

Last edited by JakeInFla74; 08-26-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-26-2008 | 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

The CTS wheels are 5 lug and the Vs are 6 lug. You have 1000's of wheel options and V guys have 10 + or -. Sharp looking car man and welcome to the club. go to cadillacforums.com, they have a whole section devoted to the cts. This site is more motor/trans related which the base cts doesn't have in common. If you have any ?'s feel free to ask.
Old 08-26-2008 | 04:52 PM
Banned

welcome to cadoo land...i had an 03 diamond white with vouge tire pkg
and optional accessory chrome rims...fully loaded...i miss that car (alittle)
Old 08-26-2008 | 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome to the forum Jake, You'll love your cts

And your better off without the moonroof,
The damn things leak air above 180 mph anyway