Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

To buy CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHN_DEERE_LS6
if you drive a cts v in the winter news flash you cant afford it..... makes me sick to think someone would drive one of these in salty slushy ****...

He is talking about getting a 4 year old V for under 25 grand. You act like his is buying a 2009 CTS-V. And who are you to decide if someone can or cant afford it. Last time I checked we were all grown *** men and can make our own decisions.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned

^ tru dat my niggy!...
to some (most) its just a car...not the holy grail. geez!

i see 130k benzes in the snow around these here parts...
seems the cadillac and the fact its the fastest depreciating
car on the market makes semi bums with weak wallets feel
some sort of false empowerment...they shoulda stayed with thier
silly camero's and firechickens... they cant handle this new found
respect...cuz they sure as shyt dont have any for any1 else.
now, if thats a fact, tell me, am i lying? cuz most of you guys
are wet behind the ears baby bitchez.
and yes i feel i can talk ish do to the fact i still paid man price for my toy,
not low to mid 20's...but along with the 04-05's come all the headaches.

Last edited by OHSIXCTSV; 09-08-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mocts-v
He is talking about getting a 4 year old V for under 25 grand. You act like his is buying a 2009 CTS-V. And who are you to decide if someone can or cant afford it. Last time I checked we were all grown *** men and can make our own decisions.
thats my stance... 04-07 to 09 whats the diff? high end (few years ago or current) performance sedans that have no bizz on slippery roads... he needs to just keep rockin that wrx cause no one cares if that car gets wadded up into a guard rail after a spin out on the highway....

and grown *** men should be able to understand y a car like this should be in a garage all winter... only 16 year old kids would drive this car in the winter to highschool basketball games trying to get laid in it afterwords....

my t/a's 10 years old and i still dont drive that in the winter CAUSE ITS NOT RIGHT!

how can i get through to these keeds! lmao
Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

^ lol it's contagious! okay fellas..im off to put the v on the lift to start the turbo fittment prossess....baleed dat keeds! woot woot! it's on...no more talk. bbl.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Enh, I disagree bout the no V in the snow thing. Sure its a "limited" car but its not an exotic and it certainly isn't a sports car. Its a sedan with a big motor and a slightly more tight suspension. Big deal. I went from 4 cars to 1 car when I bought the V. I had my 500whp 11 sec pump gas subaru for the weekends, an 30mpg early 90s accord station wagon for hauling junk and wet dogs, a 07 335i coupe auto for those nice nights out with the woman and a project STi sitting in the garage in pieces. I downsized the subarus and BMW for the V simply because I don't have the time or money to play with all of them.

With good snows, the V will be fine in the white stuff. Its heavy and has wide but not too wide tires. So it should cut thru fine(skinny tires do much better). Granted I haven't played much with the V in the snow, I do know that its no different then when I drove a ported/pullied SVT lightning all last winter in chicago. Put weight over the tires (sand/salt mixture in tupperwear) and the car should do perfectly fine. Hell, when both my subarus were out of commission last year and the lightning wasn't available to use(shop truck), I was able to do fine in the BMW with summers thru the snow! Although the E-dif in those cars is heads and heals better then the differential in these cars.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
Enh, I disagree bout the no V in the snow thing. Sure its a "limited" car but its not an exotic and it certainly isn't a sports car. Its a sedan with a big motor and a slightly more tight suspension. Big deal. I went from 4 cars to 1 car when I bought the V. I had my 500whp 11 sec pump gas subaru for the weekends, an 30mpg early 90s accord station wagon for hauling junk and wet dogs, a 07 335i coupe auto for those nice nights out with the woman and a project STi sitting in the garage in pieces. I downsized the subarus and BMW for the V simply because I don't have the time or money to play with all of them.
Name dropper.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by JOHN_DEERE_LS6
thats my stance... 04-07 to 09 whats the diff? high end (few years ago or current) performance sedans that have no bizz on slippery roads... he needs to just keep rockin that wrx cause no one cares if that car gets wadded up into a guard rail after a spin out on the highway....

and grown *** men should be able to understand y a car like this should be in a garage all winter... only 16 year old kids would drive this car in the winter to highschool basketball games trying to get laid in it afterwords....

my t/a's 10 years old and i still dont drive that in the winter CAUSE ITS NOT RIGHT!

how can i get through to these keeds! lmao

Awwww is da wittle baby afraid of da snow? Why dont you pay my car note than come back and talk to me. I could drive that POS John Deere you own all over town and still pull more bitche$ than you.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jerrad
Name dropper.
Just when it counts
Old 09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mocts-v
Awwww is da wittle baby afraid of da snow? Why dont you pay my car note than come back and talk to me. I could drive that POS John Deere you own all over town and still pull more bitche$ than you.
not the snow the salt... you need a vehicle to drive int he winter i have a 96 ram 4x4 i run trees over with your welcome to drive in the winter... and an attack on john deere is uncalled for best tractors made period... and you keep pullin the bitches i pull wife/model material when i go cruisin, maybe even your wife???...
Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

if i had a regular day job and needed to commute in the winter weather
i wouldnt want to put the v through the abuse of sand and salt either...
so yes, a winter car (beater) is a smart choice. ( u can get one from the price of 4 blizzaks on a spare set of winter rims) roughly 1200.00 and no anxiety about the what if's
of winter road hazards. my .02
Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Winter tires allow you to drive anything in the snow!

BUT why would you subject a nice car to harsh roads sandblasting/salterosion.

Its just not right!

The CTS-V has got to be the most fun car to drive daily. But come winter I will be driving something that I dont mind rusting!!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CORNER CARVER
Winter tires allow you to drive anything in the snow!

BUT why would you subject a nice car to harsh roads sandblasting/salterosion.

Its just not right!

The CTS-V has got to be the most fun car to drive daily. But come winter I will be driving something that I dont mind rusting!!
someone who understands... this guy i have respect for
Old 09-10-2008, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I prolly won't drive the V that much ( if at all ) either in the snow. They just put too much salt down (in MD) and it ruins the undercarriage of the car. I have been reluctant to drive in that stuff since I was in England. The damage down to the undercarriage of my 93 Fox Body was ridiculous while I was over there.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1actsv
Yeah I prolly won't drive the V that much ( if at all ) either in the snow. They just put too much salt down (in MD) and it ruins the undercarriage of the car. I have been reluctant to drive in that stuff since I was in England. The damage down to the undercarriage of my 93 Fox Body was ridiculous while I was over there.
ahh another glimmer of hope! some people do understand what winter does to cars!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned

then again winter in MI. is a real winter for 5-6 months...
i live in the northeast and for the past 20 yrs. & winters arent what they
use to be. we may get 5-10 total snow falls with under 20 inches total.
u get that over night. (20+ inches)