Cadillac CTS-V 2009-2015 (Gen 2) Welcome to a whole other level of overkill

Odd problem\misfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd problem\misfire

Hello all,
I have lurked on the forums for awhile, but this is my first post. I will try to explain the problem the best I can, and what I've done so far. To start off about a month back I started to have a misfire in my 2011 CTS V A6. so I ran a code reader on it and it popped up as CYL6 misfire and coil circuit fault. So I decided to buy all new plugs, wires, and coils(with oem). Changed all them out and after that car seem like it ran perfect. About a week later I'm sitting in a little traffic, check engine light starts to flash and I can feel a misfire again, but as soon as I take off from the light, misfire stops, light goes away. used a code reader as soon as I could pull in to a parking lot. It showed no codes or pending codes. Thought maybe a wire was loose, drove home checked everything it was tight. Over 2 weeks it kept doing this, until about a week ago when I went to the gas station, on the way back the misfire came back but way worse, as I pulled into my drive way the car wasn't really running.(house is .2 miles away from gas station). so I thought I would change the coils around see if anything changed, nope, changed injectors around, still nothing, checked for vacuum leaks, nothing. Decided to get compression and leak down test done, both came back perfect. started looking at the codes. The entire right side back(passenger) is misfiring and dumping fuel. codes came up for all cyl 2,4,6,8 misfires, fuel circuit low, and p0178. I've changed all I could think of, it is currently at the shop getting looked at. I'm just curious what could cause this and what could be the fix and if anyone had this problem.

Quick Reply: Odd problem\misfire