Cadillac CTS-V 2009-2015 (Gen 2) Welcome to a whole other level of overkill

Faint smell of raw gas

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Faint smell of raw gas

As the tittle implies…..so i have a completly stock 2013 ctsv, other than the exhaust it is literally untouched and has about 65k mi on the clock, i noticed a couple weeks ago while taking out the trash as i walked past the passenger side of the car i caught a faint whiff of raw gas, didnt notice any leaks or check engine lights and thought nothing of it, maybe my wife just filled it up no bigge……fast fwd a few weeks and now my wifes bloodhound instincts kick in and she is literally having a cow ….i smell gas, i smell gas wah wah wah…..maybe i should take it in and have a mechanic look at it…… i laughed and said yeah with no check engine light on, here let me grab some money and just start throwing it at it…..i told her without a check engine light your just wasting time and prescious money…….anyone here have a similar problem with there ctsv and can poin me in the right dierection or do i just need to wait for a check engine light to appear?….. is there a charcoal canister on these cars and if so where is it located, thats the only place that i can think of starting at!!!…….thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-09-2022, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

This could be your issue…

Quick Reply: Faint smell of raw gas