Cadillac CTS-V 2016 - (Gen 3) Not your grandpa's caddy

Carbon Fiber seatbacks, 3rd gen CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2024, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Carbon Fiber seatbacks, 3rd gen CTS-V

I had a choice between a 2022 CT5V Blackwing, and a 2018 CTS-V. For a long list of reasons, I chose the CTS-V, and have never regretted it.

However, one of the things I've always admired about the interior of the Blackwing are the beautiful carbon fibre seat backs on the top level front seats. While the standard suede on the backs of my seats are fine, I just wished my car had the carbon fibre backs like the Blackwings.

Today that wish was answered. I found a vendor on eBay selling carbon fibre backs for my OEM Recaro seats. These CF backs will fit the ATS-V too. They are not cheap, but I decided to trust in their great reviews, and take a chance.

I am totally, totally satisfied. The carbon fibre pieces arrived promptly, really, really well packaged. I had them professionally installed (and I'm very glad I did). These CF pieces install via the factory OEM fasteners and fit extremely tightly.

They look absolutely stunning, and totally compliment the rest of the CF pieces on the car (which has the full CF package of rear spoiler, rear diffuser, and front splitter).

Here's a photo of the finished result.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber seatbacks, 3rd gen CTS-V