Cadillac CTS-V Classifieds Cadillac CTS-Vs & Cadillac CTS-V Parts For Sale

04 CTS-V needs repair $11,500

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TroyFleming
Clear/Clean means just that no title record. This car is branded. Salvage/Rebuildable all the same thing different states use different terms florida uses Certificate of Destruction(PARTS ONLY) and Salvage rebuildable with two types flood and accident printed on title after inspection.

I have rebuilt a ton of these CTS-V's would be interested in what your guy is doing for 1K besides just pulling tower back to align wheel. The side suck on these cars. Good luck with sale
Thanks for the schooling on titles. Anyway it is what it is and the V went to the shop today. I'm replacing the metal upfront shouldnt be much tuggin( I hope). It is a very trusted shop that does great work. I'm not going to do anything halfway or just to get by.
It is a beautiful car and will be again. I agree there are alot of crumple zones on these cars. I am use to 50s and 60s stlye and building techiques. I do have the shop manuals and doing it by the book. I have noticed most of the wrecked Vs are right front, Do you think its from people overdriving? Turning off traction control? If my wife would drive a stick this thread wouldn't be necessary.
Later,
BobH
Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BobH
Thanks for the schooling on titles. Anyway it is what it is and the V went to the shop today. I'm replacing the metal upfront shouldnt be much tuggin( I hope). It is a very trusted shop that does great work. I'm not going to do anything halfway or just to get by.
It is a beautiful car and will be again. I agree there are alot of crumple zones on these cars. I am use to 50s and 60s stlye and building techiques. I do have the shop manuals and doing it by the book. I have noticed most of the wrecked Vs are right front, Do you think its from people overdriving? Turning off traction control? If my wife would drive a stick this thread wouldn't be necessary.
Later,
BobH
Majority of the ones I have rebuilt are right front. I think alot of it is from how many left turns we do compared to right and our instinct is also to shield ourself in an accident by turning away leaving passenger side open at times.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Sounds like it was a sick *** car but with a salvage title, i don't know of any banks that would touch it. Def a cash sale if anything but parting it out might be best.

I bought mine for under 12k. Granted... high miles but clean and clear title with no accident history, no issues and running great. Figure i can do a 427 swap for a lot less than the $10k more i would have spent for a low mileage V and it'll have 0 miles and MUCH more power!

Not trying to ***** the thread. Good luck with the sale. If you'd like to donate it, ill come haul it away for free and help myself to quite a few of those parts.... lol
Old 03-24-2011, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Sounds like it was a sick *** car but with a salvage title, i don't know of any banks that would touch it. Def a cash sale if anything but parting it out might be best.

I bought mine for under 12k. Granted... high miles but clean and clear title with no accident history, no issues and running great. Figure i can do a 427 swap for a lot less than the $10k more i would have spent for a low mileage V and it'll have 0 miles and MUCH more power!

Not trying to ***** the thread. Good luck with the sale. If you'd like to donate it, ill come haul it away for free and help myself to quite a few of those parts.... lol
WTF is with this post did I **** in your corn flakes or something?? Do I know you??
If your not interested in the sale why would you even post up something like this..... I know in the past( and future) I was always under the impression that unless you have something positive to add you just left the post alone unless the person screwed you somehow!!!!!!!!
You have all the facts related to my business?? Wow great you got an awesome deal so that means you on the forum and post that crap.. I do know that no matter what you do there is always someone who will always boast how they did it better or got it cheaper.
Thanks
BobH
Old 03-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Please let me know whats going on after you get the frame straightened out.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the owl
Please let me know whats going on after you get the frame straightened out.
will do via pm
Old 03-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Teching In

There must be at least $10k in mods when you include the labor in this car. It will be a great deal for someone to put back together. GLWS.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Where is the car located?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Near Orlando/Tampa Florida
Thanks
BobH
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Bob, I sent you PM, LMK what parts you have to repair and call Joey,please
Old 04-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

If you part it I may be interested in the body.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MIAdragon
If you part it I may be interested in the body.
Thanks i let you know if that happens or you could buy it and part it out yourself and keep the body
Thanks
BobH
Old 04-06-2011, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by elitecustombody
Bob, I sent you PM, LMK what parts you have to repair and call Joey,please
replied thanks
bobh
Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Sent PM, Thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Hey just an an update, kept the car it is going to my son. Should be on the road in a month or so no hurries. Son wants to put cam and head work in it so motor is coming back out.
Thanks for all the interest,
BobH

Old 07-04-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Lookin much better! Btw, I just saw the response to my post months ago. I didn't mean anything bad by saying what I said. Sorry if it came off that way. Glad to see it's gonna be back on the road soon!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Nice car... I have a friend who just picked up a 05 two weeks ago and he is wanting to do that top mount Maggie also.. This would have been a great buy for him had we seen it a few months earlier.. lol
Old 07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

If you wanna part out the rear wing let me know. Wish you would do the maggie as much as I wish I could afford it.

So remove the wing?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL you guys are such part hounds

If you get that thing back on the road in time, come hang out a this local meet

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...g-up-meet.html

Otherwise, it looks like things are going well!

-meaty
Old 11-17-2011, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! CTS-V back on the road. My Son and I spent some great quality time on this project. I had a good time but I hope we dont do this exercise again
Thanks fellow CTS-V ers
BobH