Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Impark parking "notice"

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Impark parking "notice"

Anyone ever recieved one? did you pay it? if not what happened?

I just got one, I was like 30 mins over the limit of the ticket I bought....got a 40$ notice if I pay in 7 days, or 70$ if I wait longer...

From what I have googled I heard that they can't legally give you a ticket/notice and you have to pay it.

apparently they have not won any cases in court other then the actual money you owe...i.e I was 30 mins late, so I owe an additional $2.50 rather then $40 or $70.

Anyone have any experiences with these lots?
Old 12-02-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those parking ticket are *** dude better pay it. if you can get away with out any more ticket or else your car been tow
Old 12-03-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Actually upon doing some research regarding the matter, I have found out that these parking "notices" are not legit. Impark cannot legally give you a ticket only the city can. Apparently even if they decide to tow your car (it has to be on their lot) they would have to pay all the charges to the tow company and facility themselves and come after you for money later...

Apparently they have NEVER won a case in Canada in small claims court other then for the actual money lost. i.e, I was 30 mins late and parking was 5$ an hour...most they will win in court is $2.50

Here is some interesting reads on the matter if anyone is interested or if anyone ever gets/has a ticket from them.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/s...74974-p-1.html

^on page 3 of that link they actually give you the Toronto Bylaw number that says these notices are illegal. The number has been given out to people who have called the Toronto Police department complaining about the collection calls from this so called "collection agency" that IMpark runs themselves....

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-84067.html

^^ some good info on there to....

so...looks like I will give the 1877 number a call sometime this week and tell them...I'll pay you the $2.50 I owe you for being 30 mins late, or you can take this notice and shove it...
Old 12-03-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats an interesting read.

Good research dude.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackops22
Thats an interesting read.

Good research dude.

saved me 40$...hopefully helped out some others to...