Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

New sponser Champion Motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
congrats from down in b-lo. (dont take our bills ********!!)
stop drinking our beer,asswipes.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toronto LT1
stop drinking our beer,asswipes.
Lolz. Easy fellas.

We just like to borrow the Bills every now and then Turbo.

Rob, sounds like quite the shop you've got there now that you've taken over where Canadian Performance left off. I've only got a 96' 3800 at the moment, but I should swing by one of these days and check it out.

I work about 15min north of your location. (40min in traffic, haha.)

Anywho, nice to have some Canadian options, instead of shipping every single thing I need to Niagara Falls NY, and then going to pick it up.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Namrepus28
Lolz. Easy fellas.

We just like to borrow the Bills every now and then Turbo.

Rob, sounds like quite the shop you've got there now that you've taken over where Canadian Performance left off. I've only got a 96' 3800 at the moment, but I should swing by one of these days and check it out.

I work about 15min north of your location. (40min in traffic, haha.)

Anywho, nice to have some Canadian options, instead of shipping every single thing I need to Niagara Falls NY, and then going to pick it up.
Thanks, looking forward to meeting you.
Rob.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Rob,

Dd you guys move-in and take over Cdn Perf.? Or what...

A mechanic who works for you told me "Champion Motors is Canadian Performance. After Dave Died, Susie had us take it over"??

Just looking for clarification.....

Thanks
Old 05-14-2009, 08:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Project
Rob,

Dd you guys move-in and take over Cdn Perf.? Or what...

A mechanic who works for you told me "Champion Motors is Canadian Performance. After Dave Died, Susie had us take it over"??

Just looking for clarification.....

Thanks
We only bought Canadian Performance's equipment and Susie has been referring customers to us. Champion Motors has been in restorations,building and repairing muscle cars since june of 2000.
Rob.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Champion Motors
We only bought Canadian Performance's equipment and Susie has been referring customers to us. Champion Motors has been in restorations,building and repairing muscle cars since june of 2000.
Rob.
Isn't it somewhat misleading that the website for CDN Performance http://www.cdnperf.com/ indicates their address, phone number and fax as being yours. Even both of the companies names are used interchangeably in the contact information (ie. Canadian Performance Engines/Champion Motors)

If you only bought the equipment, I suggest you ask Suzie to remove your contact information from CDN. Performances website.... it may help clear things up a little.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by C Man
Isn't it somewhat misleading that the website for CDN Performance http://www.cdnperf.com/ indicates their address, phone number and fax as being yours. Even both of the companies names are used interchangeably in the contact information (ie. Canadian Performance Engines/Champion Motors)

If you only bought the equipment, I suggest you ask Suzie to remove your contact information from CDN. Performances website.... it may help clear things up a little.
Thanks for your concerns, were in the process of building a new website. The only reason we did this was that Canadian Performance already had a website and this would make it easier for future customers to find us. Legally we are two separate companies.
Rob.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

hey rob how did you like the show last night. that was quit the site seeing your tuner ARUN getting slapped around like a little school girl at the hands of a man he said was to old and couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag. boy that was priceless and to watch him just stand there and take it was even more funny. i never seen a grown man get slapped before and just stand there and take it!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by jasonmurry69
hey rob how did you like the show last night. that was quit the site seeing your tuner ARUN getting slapped around like a little school girl at the hands of a man he said was to old and couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag. boy that was priceless and to watch him just stand there and take it was even more funny. i never seen a grown man get slapped before and just stand there and take it!
You must of missed the part when he got slapped right back-but I guess that's tuff to see when your behind bars for insurance fraud
Old 05-23-2009, 10:59 AM
9 Second Club

The Drama around Cdn Performance will never end!! Good luck to Rob on the new venture. Peace out!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by spray
The Drama around Cdn Performance will never end!! Good luck to Rob on the new venture. Peace out!
I agree, I was looking for a tune and to find that they want $600 and all the BS that seems to go along with them... I will keep looking
Old 07-19-2010, 02:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sedric
I agree, I was looking for a tune and to find that they want $600 and all the BS that seems to go along with them... I will keep looking
We think this is a fair price considering labour to strap and run the dyno plus cost of tuning software and dyno jet cost.

NA tune is $550 dyno and road tuning.
FI tune is $650 dyno and road tuning.
What do you think is a fair price to charge?
Rob.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:23 PM

I think $450 I can give the yanks the $ but the drive and the bs ain't worth it so If you charged 50% more then them $450 would be the magic # but $650 I will school myself first.... Good luck at that price
Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sedric
I think $450 I can give the yanks the $ but the drive and the bs ain't worth it so If you charged 50% more then them $450 would be the magic # but $650 I will school myself first.... Good luck at that price
What year is your car and what mods were done to it? Also who tuned it last?

Rob.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Teching In

How much to rebuild a T56 out of a 95 Camaro? I'd like it to be good to 600 hp.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mischief007
How much to rebuild a T56 out of a 95 Camaro? I'd like it to be good to 600 hp.
Give us a call to discuss.
Rob.
416 751-8047
Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM

Those tune prices are pretty good actually. You get a dyno AND road tune.

To get my Subaru dyno tuned it's either $200/hr and estimated at 3-4hrs here in Southern Ontario or I go to Buffalo and it's $600 flat. No road tune for either place.

I never bargin with a tune price. As long as you get what you pay for (experience, equipment, results and rep), it shouldn't be a question.

Consider it minor $$$ compared to the thousands you spend on your drivetrains... something you dont want to cheap out on or barder(sp?) like it's a used part lol

Just my 0.02
Old 08-20-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I may have to hit you's up for a transmission or rebuild of my current one soon. I can't keep adding power and expect it to hold on. Do you guys ship fully built trans with converters at all, or mostly service and not so much parts distribution? Just wondering is all, and I can't seem to find a price on level 1 upgrade to a 4l60e here in Canada. Once I decide if I'm better to get a built trans, or rebuild the one I have I'll give a call.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I may have to hit you's up for a transmission or rebuild of my current one soon. I can't keep adding power and expect it to hold on. Do you guys ship fully built trans with converters at all, or mostly service and not so much parts distribution? Just wondering is all, and I can't seem to find a price on level 1 upgrade to a 4l60e here in Canada. Once I decide if I'm better to get a built trans, or rebuild the one I have I'll give a call.
Yes we do ship fully built trans. Please call for a quote.
Rob.

Quick Reply: New sponser Champion Motors